• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On-line will writing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife assures me we sorted our wills out at the solicitor's on a Saturday morning (i.e. outside billing time).
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LostInBrussels View Post
      I'm thinking of using this one to draw up my will: http://www.tenminutewill.co.uk/main....f=2736&page=58
      That's the one I used. I think it's fine for setting out a basic inheritance path. Interestingly, we had one drawn up ten years ago with a solicitor. And the online one is to all intents and purposes identical and considerably cheaper!

We set it up so that:

1. the surviving spouse gets the lot.
      2. then the kids (equally)
      3. then any grandkids

If me, the missus, the kids and all the grandkids get wiped out, then we've worked out a few other paths.

We also specified the guardianship of our children - but our oldest will be 18 soon, so we'll change that so he'll get guardianship of his siblings.

Our situation is complicated by living in Switzerland, but what they do here is honour the inheritance laws of your home country, so long as no beneficiary challenges it. But only if you've made a will.

Making a will is probably one of the best things you can do for whoever you care about who might survive you.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My money all goes to asylum seeker and refugee causes
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
        X