• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police being proactive for once

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    Recordable offence (offences carrying a possible prison sentence) cautions are recorded in the Names File database of the Police National Computer (PNC) which is searched when CRB checks are carried out.

Crime Management, or Crime Recording Systems are usually Force (as opposed to national) level systems used to collate statistics and provide Home Office returns and intelligence patterns and may also contain such information.

I re-iterate that accepting a caution is a formal admission of guilt, it is not a a trivial matter (and should not be confused with a ticking off by Plod) and it may have consequences for your career.
    I will say again "Seeing as I wrote the system I think I should know."

Half the people that I worked with had cautions from the police and we could all see them in the CMS, it was the source of constant jokes, but they never appeared in our criminal history.

Comment

Pathetic

Another great example of effective community policing

What did they charge him with, he didnt actually damage any cars?

Comment

Working...
      X