• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft in web photo racism row

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft in web photo racism row

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8221896.stm
    Last edited by ferret; 26 August 2009, 12:10. Reason: Fixing link :eek:
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Eeek, link didn't work at first.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Eeek, link didn't work at first.
      Yup. the has become part of the URL

PC gone mad!

Just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time.
      Last edited by Churchill; 26 August 2009, 09:34.

Comment

None issue, MS tailored it to the market and Poland does not exactly have a large amount of black people

And am I the only one looks at those images and thinks the US version is the doctored one? US one guys head looks like it was put in by an armature using Photoshop

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          None issue, MS tailored it to the market and Poland does not exactly have a large amount of black people

And am I the only one looks at those images and thinks the US version is the doctored one? US one guys head looks like it was put in by an armature using Photoshop
          Amateur!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Amateur!
            Woops

*blames fact not had coffee yet*

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
              Woops

*blames fact not had coffee yet*
              Whoops
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

We had similar a few years back with Ford(?). People want ads that are relevant to their own nation/culture. Ugandans would not expect an ad with white people either. Beats me why people are so stupidly sensitive.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why don't we see adverts for skin creme with the women all dressed in burkhas?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    We had similar a few years back with Ford(?). People want ads that are relevant to their own nation/culture. Ugandans would not expect an ad with white people either. Beats me why people are so stupidly sensitive.
                    Come to that, I'd say that a photo full of what are obviously Yanks (spot the shiny suits and grins) isn't really suitable for a British audience.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X