• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waddya think of the Jobserve interface?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yes.

Why does printing now have a 2" left hand margin. What's the point of that?

Most other job sites that put lots of ads and links on their sites have a "Printer Friendly Version" button that produces a lovely simple text version of the job ad. I think Jobserve had better pull their finger out and implement one of them, since their pretty pastel shaded, wrapped in boxes, Tinky Winky web site now cannot be printed.

Twats.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
      rc, i'm gonna get you to test the latest plan g site i'm working on.
      Sure. It's £20 per hour + VAT. (Special rate, just for you). Payment in 28 days.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Their web site says "Screen Resolution: JobServe is best viewed in resolutions of 1024x768 upwards."

On my 1024x768 laptop screen, in IE8 there is a horizontal scroll bar ... just to accommodate the little bit of width taken up by the vertical scroll bar.

Twats.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          But on my Firefox 2 machine, the shadow between the menus is all over the place.
          And on IE8.

Twats.

Comment

But on my Firefox 2 machine[..]
            Or is it just me?
            No, it's not just you, loads of users are wary of upgrading, apparently:
            Link

Comment

I think it is broken, there does not seem to be any jobs coming up on my searches.

Comment

Hmm.

Search for contracts: 145 jobs
                Search for permie: 7
                Search for 'any': 145

Try a different location - Bristol
                Search for contract: 53
                Search for permie: 6
                Search for 'any': 53

Try Edinburgh
                Search for contract: 54
                Search for permie: 2
                Search for 'any': 54

It's OK, it's not just the interface that's broken. The search is broken too, FFS.

Comment

It's OK, it's not just the interface that's broken. The search is broken too, FFS.
                  et al...

Have you tried telling Jobserve via their feedback page?
                  Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
                    Have you tried telling Jobserve via their feedback page?
                    I have spoken to Jobserve people in the past without success. They were either rude or supercilious. "You get what you pay for" and "We're here for the advertisers, not the unemployed" were the two memorable responses.

Comment

JS started to go pear-shaped about a year ago.
                      Before that you could set up a specific search and bookmark it.
                      Now it's all over the place.

...and I used to complain that searching for the skill MALPAS (static analysis tool) used to give me contracts based on a town in Wales.........

Comment

Working...
                      X