• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Waddya think of the Jobserve interface?"

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    JS started to go pear-shaped about a year ago.
    Before that you could set up a specific search and bookmark it.
    Now it's all over the place.

...and I used to complain that searching for the skill MALPAS (static analysis tool) used to give me contracts based on a town in Wales.........

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    Have you tried telling Jobserve via their feedback page?
    I have spoken to Jobserve people in the past without success. They were either rude or supercilious. "You get what you pay for" and "We're here for the advertisers, not the unemployed" were the two memorable responses.

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

It's OK, it's not just the interface that's broken. The search is broken too, FFS.
    et al...

Have you tried telling Jobserve via their feedback page?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Hmm.

Search for contracts: 145 jobs
    Search for permie: 7
    Search for 'any': 145

Try a different location - Bristol
    Search for contract: 53
    Search for permie: 6
    Search for 'any': 53

Try Edinburgh
    Search for contract: 54
    Search for permie: 2
    Search for 'any': 54

It's OK, it's not just the interface that's broken. The search is broken too, FFS.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think it is broken, there does not seem to be any jobs coming up on my searches.

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    But on my Firefox 2 machine[..]
    Or is it just me?
    No, it's not just you, loads of users are wary of upgrading, apparently:
    Link

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    But on my Firefox 2 machine, the shadow between the menus is all over the place.
    And on IE8.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Their web site says "Screen Resolution: JobServe is best viewed in resolutions of 1024x768 upwards."

On my 1024x768 laptop screen, in IE8 there is a horizontal scroll bar ... just to accommodate the little bit of width taken up by the vertical scroll bar.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    rc, i'm gonna get you to test the latest plan g site i'm working on.
    Sure. It's £20 per hour + VAT. (Special rate, just for you). Payment in 28 days.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Oh, yes.

Why does printing now have a 2" left hand margin. What's the point of that?

Most other job sites that put lots of ads and links on their sites have a "Printer Friendly Version" button that produces a lovely simple text version of the job ad. I think Jobserve had better pull their finger out and implement one of them, since their pretty pastel shaded, wrapped in boxes, Tinky Winky web site now cannot be printed.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    rc, i'm gonna get you to test the latest plan g site i'm working on.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And another thing, their geo-database is rubbish. God knows what they are using.

I've tried a few towns just outside a city to be told they are 60 miles from that city.

So do not trust their "within 25 miles" type checking, 'cos the underlying co-ordinates are rubbish.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And while I'm moaning, why can't I do a UK search any more? I know East Europeans want the UK in their job searches, but I don't want their crummy job ads in mine.

It's either Europe-wide or only up to so many miles.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Bollocks.

Jobserve have changed the URL for each job so instead of just being the "jsjob" number, it now contains the job title. So you cannot pull the job back up off their database because the reference number gets truncated off the page header.

Twats.

Does it not dawn on these numpties to get some jobseekers to do some testing for them?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Bollocks. Printing off Jobserve is broken.

When there is lots of text, it does not run onto a 2nd page; it is truncated.

How crap is that?

I printed off some jobs yesterday evening to follow up this morning; on most of them the contact details have been chopped off.

Twats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X