• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    ...However those of us who have met know that each of us is actually ok, not a bully or a geek or an eyeliner wearing wierdo or a posh shipping forecaster or a hairy trucker among us...
    Not so sure about that. Last time we met there were quite a few of those among us.
    That confused me too - I'm pretty sure I count as a geek, and I can do the Shipping Forecast damn well if I have to

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Could it be AtW has made his million now and thinks of us as a bunch of hopeless losers?
      I really really hope so. I would be delighted for atw to prove me wrong.

Comment

Christmas I guess

I think the late summer do idea died a bit of a death!
        There are a handful still coming to mine : provided I can still organize it with all the stuff going on with the mother-out-law.

Maybe someone will still organize a do at a more popular place?

Comment

BP Posted : I really really hope so. I would be delighted for atw to prove me wrong.
          Actually, I do to and have said as much before.

It'd be priceless if he attended one of the legendary CUK Xmas Meets, and as we all stood there, noticed a chauffeur driven Bugatti Veyron pull up, Alex steps out, and a few members who've always put him down have to go over and apologise.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Actually, I do to and have said as much before.

It'd be priceless if he attended one of the legendary CUK Xmas Meets, and as we all stood there, noticed a chauffeur driven Bugatti Veyron pull up, Alex steps out, and a few members who've always put him down have to go over and apologise.
            Why would any of us apologize?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              I have the opposite problem. People get upset when I am too friendly towards them.

But it always makes me laugh!
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Why would any of us apologize?
                WHS+1

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  CM - Is this a reference to Xeno?
                  If so, is that why he no longer posts on here? What gives?
                  No - he was a confident man-liner wearer - I believe he has a real life now...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I hope not. I really miss Xeno.
                    As do we all Zip...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      I do hope Xen didnt leave because of the piss taking. In his case it was fairly gentle.
                      I like Xen. I hold him in high regard.
                      He cant expect people not to react to someone saying they wear eyeliner, womens clothes (occasionaly) and shave their balls when they go on a date.

That post with Xeno was hilarious. Considering he posted for quite a while after that and we met at two Contractor do's subsequent to the piss-take I don't think it wound him up.

I think he's just busy.
                      Last edited by Churchill; 21 August 2009, 07:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X