• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would now be a good time to resign?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100k a year, let me guess.....NHS ?

top of the food chain, above banking. I mean banking's good but it's peanuts compared to the public sector
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Feel better now?

I left my last permie role 10 years ago with the words

Cram that up your well f***ed a55

I felt top of the world
      Were they OK about a reference ?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        100k a year, let me guess.....NHS ?

top of the food chain, above banking. I mean banking's good but it's peanuts compared to the public sector
        Must be public sector - hard to believe anybody is actually worth that much in permieland for doing an IT job - unless ... its other (ie Joe Public's ) peoples money ....

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Were they OK about a reference ?
          OMG NO!!!!!!!! I never asked just use previous refs.

It did come back to bite me year later when I ran into the same cretin in an employer role for a job I wanted.

It was worth it though, I would NEVER again work for such a mule. Life is too short
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Well done MF
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              I have six overseas Marrilion Fans who will do it for £3p/h (actually £1 p/h but I need my cut)
              Too much trouble, IT is not on the shortage occupation list anymore. Know any body smugglers?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You really need therapy for your impulsiveness. Did you lamp a colleague this time?
                I don't agree, I think some of us need therapy for our pathological ability to put up with merde for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Too much trouble, IT is not on the shortage occupation list anymore. Know any body smugglers?
                  I know some off shore body smugglers who will smuggle bodies for £1.50 p/h
                  Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

You've got to give him credit - 3 years in the same place.

So, who are you going to deck before you walk out?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      So now working my notice and going to be finished and gone.

So would this be the time to ask what the market is like?

MF in ('Im back') Mode
                      Welcome back MF, the market will be quite until the end of the holidays. So take a holiday too, relax
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X