• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soaring price of gold indicates rocketing inflation next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    feck's sake AtW you have just proved you know Jack about Jack !

kurgerands are the way to go, small enough deonomination that they can be liquidated on demand and recognised all over the world should you need to liquidate them away from the original place of purchase

according to the experts 20% of your wealth should be held in gold

Milan.
    but he does have a point. As do you with hte 20% stake in gold. - which is all well and good but......its not aways that easy.....is wealth your total "worth" in a money term, do you count property, other investments etc......
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      gold does have a value, and that value is increasing and has done for many, many years, there are places that will sell you gold bars in the UK, small ones at about £150 per time, but you will find for a small time invester gold coins are worth more. The draw back is you don't get any income from gold, no div's, no rent, no interest. However if you have some money and want to keep it for a rainy day, your bank accounts have reserves in them, then get some gold.....I know I have, and will continue to do so in the future.

Me too.....I've got f**king piles of the stuff lying around at home.
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
        Me too.....I've got f**king piles of the stuff lying around at home.

Yeah! My Guide dog keeps doing piles at home as well

Comment

"is wealth your total "worth" in a money term, do you count property, other investments etc......",

wealth is everything, property, shares, cash, the lot

20% of the total should be gold

I would imagine most in the UK are weighted more to the property side in terms of % of their wealth

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
            Yeah! My Guide dog keeps doing piles at home as well
            ahhh I now know why you don't know how to post stuff, its 'cause you can't see bugger all......
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              "is wealth your total "worth" in a money term, do you count property, other investments etc......",

wealth is everything, property, shares, cash, the lot

20% of the total should be gold

I would imagine most in the UK are weighted more to the property side in terms of % of their wealth

Milan.
              20% of the total in GOLD ! ! !

What utter bo11ocks !

What colour is the sky on your planet Milan ?
              I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

depends how interested you are in preserving your wealth for the future,

if you have nout then of course it looks like nonsense, if you have something worth protecting then following a little research it will begin to make sense

horses for courses eh, keep releasing that equity from your house, you'll be laughing

Milan.

Comment

You don't have to buy gold.

Equities are basically inflation proof, and when interest rates (and inflation is low) you keep buying short term bonds that mature in a year and then rebuy, so at least you're protected against bond crashes.

Good investments at the moments are US company bonds (short term) there is a risk of default at the moment eg GM, Ford but the premium outweighs the risk.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X