• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banking Jobs for British Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maveric_32 View Post
    Sorry not a rasist and have loads of antipedian friends, however as a British Born contractor I do get p*ssed off when I find that nearing the end of a contract I can't find a new one.

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years! And in present contract for just over half of that. Before the flame throwers come out I know I've had a good run, but I have also lived pretty well and am not sitting on a pot of gold now.

Also I look around and see the level of some of the contractors working in my present bank and I find it hard to believe how some of them have jobs.

Rant over !
    BNP alert!!!

Comment

Sorry not a rasist and have loads of antipedian friends,
      The old chestnut to absolve yourself from your own bigoted views.

however as a British Born contractor I do get p*ssed off when I find that nearing the end of a contract I can't find a new one.
      Not sure if you have noticed but we are experiencing the worst recession of modern times. This, rather than the gentlemen with the funny twanging accents, is more likely to be the the reason why you cannot find another contract

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years! And in present contract for just over half of that. Before the flame throwers come out I know I've had a good run, but I have also lived pretty well and am not sitting on a pot of gold now.
      And this is the fault of antipodeans how?

Also I look around and see the level of some of the contractors working in my present bank and I find it hard to believe how some of them have jobs.

Rant over !
      Well they are working there and very soon, you won't be. Your options are:
      a) Go on the dole
      b) Retrain as a teacher
      c) Brush up your CV and apply for another contract.
      d) Retire this sockpuppet
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years! And in present contract for just over half of that.
        If you're so good, why are you the one being dropped from a long-term contract?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sorry not a rasist
          You're sorry you're not a racist? Get on with it then, if that's what you want.

as a British Born contractor
          That's usually a term used by 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants trying to prove their credentials and rights.

I do get p*ssed off when I find that nearing the end of a contract I can't find a new one.
          Well, ain't life a bitch. Welcome to The Real World.

I have been working within Banking for over 10 years!
          Your smugness does you no credit.

And in present contract for just over half of that.
          PERMIE-TRACTOR ALERT! PERMIE-TRACTOR ALERT!

Before the flame throwers come out
          Too late. You lit a fire and threw petrol on it yourself.

I know I've had a good run, but I have also lived pretty well and am not sitting on a pot of gold now.
          Well just excuse me a moment while I cry tears of blood for you, you poor thing.

It's OK, I'm better now.

Now look at yourself and conclude...

Rant over !
          I somehow suspect not.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

See this is how a sockie should be created. Just credible enough and talking just enough bulltulipe to get you going.

I thank you.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by slickcontractor View Post
              BNP alert!!!
              Obviously not good enough to keep their website up.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

As an antipodean I would like to humbly apologise for stealing Maveric's contracts. I will ensure I lower my skill set so things are easier for him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Setter View Post
                  As an antipodean I would like to humbly apologise for stealing Maveric's contracts. I will ensure I lower my skill set so things are easier for him in the future.
                  You're Ok mate, it's the antipedians you've got to watch, they're complete bastards!

Comment

Markets change, you must adapt.
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      See this is how a sockie should be created. Just credible enough and talking just enough bulltulipe to get you going.

I thank you.
                      Doh !

Comment

Working...
                      X