• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the septics attacking the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinker View Post
    In America you pay for your own health cover, in Britain you pay for the health cover of Labour voters.

Did you read that in the Daily Mail?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Forget the arsehole politicos. Just look at the cold hard facts.
      As I have repeatedly said on this forum, the NHS is a millstone hanging on this country's neck which will bankrupt it. We cannnot have the 3rd largest public sector employer in the world (after the Chinese army and Indian railways - organisations that tend to populations of billions!!!) looking after the health needs of a medium sized country.
      And now that we know our economy is fooked, WE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD THE NHS ANY MORE.
      The reckoning is coming, if we did it now the repercussions would be less, but because no party will touch the NHS, we will keep spending until we are forced to do the inevitable and DISMANTLE THE NHS.

HTH.

Remember you heard it here first.
      I don't disagree except for the fact I didn't hear it here first.

Mind you, I have a few relatives who work in the NHS and medical industry, so I started hearing about problems many years ago.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Nhs

I think Hannan has to realise he is becoming a bit of a celebrity and that he needs to watch what he says if he wants to stay out of the limelight.

To be fair, criticism of the NHS is valid, but DH comments seem to have played into the hands of rightwing resistance to Obamas health care reform.

As much as I criticise the NHS I still feel that with a different approach state healthcare can work. It is expensive but fundementally either you believe healthcare is a right or a privilege.

Providing state health care is always going to be expensive and problematic, but as many people here have attested to, insurance companies will only be willing to insure the young and healthy and have no obligation to ensure the old, sick and poor, which are the people that actually need health care.

I believe a slimmed down realigned NHS can work, and although believe in free enterprise in almost every other way, that a decent standard of healthcare should be available to all.

IN the USA I suspect its as simple as this, health care reform will hit the people hardest who benefit the most from the current system.

The ex cancer victims, poor aged or anybody with a chronic problem who will either live and die in pain and poverty will benefit.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          As much as I criticise the NHS I still feel that with a different approach state healthcare can work. It is expensive but fundementally either you believe healthcare is a right or a privilege.

Providing state health care is always going to be expensive and problematic, but as many people here have attested to, insurance companies will only be willing to insure the young and healthy and have no obligation to ensure the old, sick and poor, which are the people that actually need health care.

I believe a slimmed down realigned NHS can work, and although believe in free enterprise in almost every other way, that a decent standard of healthcare should be available to all.
          Well said.

It's not the principle of universal state provided health care that's at fault, it's the decades of mismanagement by successive Governments (of all parties) that have made the NHS into such an expensive disaster.

Comment

The NHS isnt perfect... It isnt evil... Its realistic... Its a simply fact that some things will be deemed too expensive to be justified.

The NHS is great.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Well said.

It's not the principle of universal state provided health care that's at fault, it's the decades of mismanagement by successive Governments (of all parties) that have made the NHS into such an expensive disaster.
              Walk around an average NHS hospital and look at the staggering number of different services they offer. I would say that's got more to do with the cost of providing the NHS more than mismanagement. But its easier to blame governments than it is to talk about rationing what services the NHS offer.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Well said.

I think disaster is hugely exaggerating things. Its a fine service which just needs fine tuning...like every other similar service in the world.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                  I think Hannan has to realise he is becoming a bit of a celebrity and that he needs to watch what he says if he wants to stay out of the limelight.

To be fair, criticism of the NHS is valid, but DH comments seem to have played into the hands of rightwing resistance to Obamas health care reform.

IN the USA I suspect its as simple as this, health care reform will hit the people hardest who benefit the most from the current system.

The ex cancer victims, poor aged or anybody with a chronic problem who will either live and die in pain and poverty will benefit.

Good points.
                  Why the fook is the NHS the only fully government run system in the world* aka the Soviet system?
                  Why not look at the systems of France, Italy and Germany where they have universal health care and do it much better?

*More accurately that should read western world or G8.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 17 August 2009, 13:06.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Good points.
                    Why the fook is the NHS the only fully government run system in the world aka the Soviet system?
                    Why not look at the systems of France, Italy and Germany where they have universal health care and do it much better?
                    When you say they do it much better what exactly are you basing this on ?

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      When you say they do it much better what exactly are you basing this on ?
                      Officially, the WHO rankings.

Unofficially people who have experienced those systems.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X