• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Boy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's lovely.

As a recent parent myself to my second I hope you are finding everything good, being puked on is the least of it.

I will tell you a little story about my first seeing as though I am a bit pissed on glenfidich at the mo. When she was about 6 to 12 months old I was spoon feeding her from one of those jars of mush on my parents sofa when she sneezed a great big snot ball onto the spoon. She was at the time very hungry, quite upset and I was getting a bit stressed with it all. Now when they are that little you don't want to put them down and stop feeding when they are hungry and upset them more and it seems like you don't have enough hands to do all the things you want. So instead of picking her up from the sofa and putting her safe in a baby chair type thing then going and cleaning the spoon or getting another. I thought f*** it and took the snot and mush off the spoon and swallowed it just to carry on feeding her. But maybe you didn't really want to hear all that. You do what you can for your kids. I expect to have to deal with much than that in the future - two girls you see.

I wish you the best of luck anyhow, I really do.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      ... I thought f*** it and took the snot and mush off the spoon and <censored>
      I hereby award you 5 Filthy Love points.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I hereby award you 5 Filthy Love points.
        Wonderful...is this what being benched does to you?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Dunno if anyone will be interested anymore, but I've just managed to change my avatar to a pic of my boy.

He's seven weeks old now, and I think the shock is starting to subside! I am shattered and contented in turns; had no idea how it would be, but I am now queen of multi tasking....

Love him to bits though so I s'pose that's a step in the right direction! Thanks all for your kind words through the pregnancy.
          Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
            Wonderful...is this what being benched does to you?
            Yes. And tiredness. I'm getting short on sleep.

I could rename the award, if you like. It is in my power.

The Parent-Beyond-the-call-of-Duty Star.
            The Being Aware Feeding a Child is more Important than Personal Comfort Badge.
            A Gross Post Gong.
            The Snot-Gobbler Certificate.
            Whatever you want, really.

I am frequently amazed at how disgusting parents are when talking in reference to their young children. tulip, snot, puke, piss, earwax, dribble, toe-jam, that black stuff they eject when they're born, placentas, blood - anything goes.

I happen to mention an amusing anecdote about a musical dog's fart and I get abuse for being disgusting.

On that note (it was a C sharp), I'm going to bed.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sorry, I was being sarcastic (or some word similar in meaning to that).

So many news web sites pixelate babies' faces and for the life of me, I cannot think why.
              So you're saying MaryPoppins' baby is no different from any other baby?

MP, you're saying it took you seven weeks to figure out how to change your avatar? That sleep deprivation really addles the brain...

Actually, as babies go it looks quite cute
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes. And tiredness. I'm getting short on sleep.

I could rename the award, if you like. It is in my power.

The Parent-Beyond-the-call-of-Duty Star.
                The Being Aware Feeding a Child is more Important than Personal Comfort Badge.
                A Gross Post Gong.
                The Snot-Gobbler Certificate.
                Whatever you want, really.

I am frequently amazed at how disgusting parents are when talking in reference to their young children. tulip, snot, puke, piss, earwax, dribble, toe-jam, that black stuff they eject when they're born, placentas, blood - anything goes.

I happen to mention an amusing anecdote about a musical dog's fart and I get abuse for being disgusting.

On that note (it was a C sharp), I'm going to bed.
                I was on about me being benched...not you........everyone knows your benched. Goood night anyhoo. Best of luck buddy, hope you find smething soon btw. pissed and going to bed myself.

Comment

Dunno if anyone will be interested anymore, but I've just managed to change my avatar to a pic of my boy.

He's seven weeks old now, and I think the shock is starting to subside! I am shattered and contented in turns; had no idea how it would be, but I am now queen of multi tasking....

Love him to bits though so I s'pose that's a step in the right direction! Thanks all for your kind words through the pregnancy.
                  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Our first one is due in 3 weeks time, im looking forward to clearing up snot, wee, poo, dribble...........

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

The bad news is that the little buggers grow up and think they have the right to their own opinion.
                    Not if you beat them regulalry enough. Then they cower when you come in through the front door. With an axe.

My youngest is 12. I've not had to worry about changing nappies, being puked on (maybe when they're a bit older ), wiping bottoms for a long time. And, being teenagers, they sleep longer than I do.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Congratulations, enjoy every minute, they grow so fast !

Comment

Working...
                      X