• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby P's Killers' Identity Legally Disclosed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a different view on the "you'd have a different view if you had kids" nonsensical argument.

1. I've got two kids

2. Do I want my kids growing up in an environment where even the more intelligent amongst us (e.g., CUK users) are into vigilantism? I fear not.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Here's a different view on the "you'd have a different view if you had kids" nonsensical argument.

1. I've got two kids

2. Do I want my kids growing up in an environment where even the more intelligent amongst us (e.g., CUK users) are into vigilantism? I fear not.
      Personally I never said that, just said having kids changed how I react to these things.

And no, I'm not into vigilantism - but it's not on the basis of some sort of rights for the guilty, just a recognition that mob rule is almost always wrong, and innocent people sometimes get convicted, and one innocent life is one to many.

Equally doesn't change how I feel about the people who perpetrated this crime - a long, lingering death sounds about right to me. And I'm ok with that.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Equally doesn't change how I feel about the people who perpetrated this crime - a long, lingering death sounds about right to me. And I'm ok with that.
        Killing, torturing and sterilising these people will not bring the little one back. However, there are thousands of more potential baby P's out there right now, some even being beaten and abused as we speak.
        If you feel as strongly as you say you do, get out there now and do something about it.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Killing, torturing and sterilising these people will not bring the little one back. However, there are thousands of more potential baby P's out there right now, some even being beaten and abused as we speak.
          If you feel as strongly as you say you do, get out there now and do something about it.

Yes EO, I'll go get my red cape and put pants on over my trousers ...

I reckon it's a perfectly natural reaction to horrific crimes perpetrated against the very young and defenceless.

Equally I'm intelligent enough to realise that it won't bring the kid back, or even prevent someone else doing something similar ... I'm just being honest about how these crimes make me feel, that doesn't make me morally, ethically or intellectually inferior so drop the patronising tone chaps, thx.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Personally I never said that, just said having kids changed how I react to these things.

And no, I'm not into vigilantism - but it's not on the basis of some sort of rights for the guilty, just a recognition that mob rule is almost always wrong, and innocent people sometimes get convicted, and one innocent life is one to many.

My view of the perpetrators of this crime - for what little value it has - is that they should be in prison for the rest of their natural lives and in the main prison population, not segregated.

Comment

Yes EO, I'll go get my red cape and put pants on over my trousers ...

I reckon it's a perfectly natural reaction to horrific crimes perpetrated against the very young and defenceless.

Equally I'm intelligent enough to realise that it won't bring the kid back, or even prevent someone else doing something similar ... I'm just being honest about how these crimes make me feel, that doesn't make me morally, ethically or intellectually inferior so drop the patronising tone chaps, thx.
              I think you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Too right, they don’t deserve a chance of rehabilitation.

Violent retribution would go some small way towards getting a modicum of justice for this defenceless child.

Please form an orderly queue.
                It's obvious when you put it like that. It will absolutely help the dead baby if a drunken mob lynch this pair.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  My view of the perpetrators of this crime - for what little value it has - is that they should be in prison for the rest of their natural lives and in the main prison population, not segregated.
                  I agree with you here - even criminals have their own warped code of conduct and I doubt the taxpayer would be paying for their stays for much longer if they were with the rest of the prison population.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I think you're wrong.
                    Go on, elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

So you have feelings about it at all ?

Comment

Working...
                      X