• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason why this country is f*cked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason why this country is f*cked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4418276.stm

What the **** are these people on? Why dont they just hand over the keys to the muslims now for f*cks sake!

Mailman

Memorial service 'too Christian'
    Cross and candle
    Officials were concerned the service might exclude non-Christians
    Organisers of a memorial service to remember murder victims say its future is in doubt because of concerns it may exclude non-Christians.

The service at Trafalgar Square's St Martin-in-the-Fields church attracts hundreds of bereaved people each year.

But the Home Office, which provides £2,000 funding, has asked for proof it reaches "all parts of the community".

Organiser Sandra Sullivan, 60, accused officials of trying to bully her into changing venues.

Her daughter Kate, 23, was stabbed to death in 1992, and she and her late husband funded the event themselves when it began 11 years ago.

It's a great comfort for everyone
    Sandra Sullivan

Three years ago the then Home Secretary David Blunkett agreed to provide £2,000 annually, saying it helped victims of crime.

The grant is up for review after this year's event - due to be held on 10 December - and civil servants have written to organisers with their concerns.

According to the Daily Mail, one official wrote: "I appreciate the service is a source of great comfort for those who attend.

"I am however concerned that this service could be seen as a Christian service and could therefore exclude parts of the community that would benefit from attending a memorial service."

He went on to ask for any "ideas you have on improving the multi-faith aspect of the service, such as possible alternatives to holding the service in a church".

Mrs Sullivan from Kingston, south-west London, told the BBC News website: "I don't care whether they are black, white, pink or yellow, if you have lost that someone, a friend or relative, then you will want to come to this service.

"People don't come for the religious aspect, it's not a service, everybody takes part and lights a candle.

"I believe it should be in a church because it's spiritual and it's the only way I see my daughter. It's a great comfort for everyone."

A Home Office spokesman said a decision had not been made on the grant, which was up for review because it was agreed for four years up to 2005/6.

My kneejerk reaction is to agree with you mailman.

So what if the grant "does not reach all members of the community"? Nor will grants for new mosques, battered wives (there are very few men amongst them), or the bloody Olympics.

Note that the BBC doesn't have a "Have Your Say" on this. The opprobrium it would receive from people of all religions wouldn't fit in with the BBC view.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      My kneejerk reaction is to agree with you mailman.

So what if the grant "does not reach all members of the community"? Nor will grants for new mosques, battered wives (there are very few men amongst them), or the bloody Olympics.

Note that the BBC doesn't have a "Have Your Say" on this. The opprobrium it would receive from people of all religions wouldn't fit in with the BBC view.

Christ was not born on the 25th of December so Christmas was a misnomer, in fact the orignal festival was Yuletide which was a great pagan knees up with drinking fornicating fun and everything else the Vatican despises.

Altough the modern day office party has done its best to return Yuletide to its orgins.

So why not rename Christmas to its correct orignal term Yuletide,we already have Easter for Christian festivals and that reeally is quite enough.

Have a Cool Yule !
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 November 2005, 11:06.

Comment

Bring back Saturnalia, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          Christ was not born on the 25th of December so Christmas was a misnomer
          I thought you could have a mass for Christ any time you want, and the concensus nowadays is 25th December. It doesn't have to be his birthday. The Queen's birthday celebrations are two months after the event.

If the Jews are right about when the new year starts, we wouldn't change Hogmaney.

Anyway, we are getting dangerously close to Chico territory.

Comment

Well then we ought to change Hogmany to coincide with the Chinese New Year as then we would then be in synch with the Chinese Calendar given the Communist Giants inexorable rise to World Domination on the back of Lemming Like Western outsourcing purchasing of cheap textiles etc

As for Christmas,leave Yuletide December 25th for the people to enjoy, the Church has 52 Sundays already , thats more than plenty to choose from to appoint Christmas .
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 November 2005, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              Well then we ought to change Hogmany to coincide with the Chinese New Year as then we would by in synch with the Chinese Calendar given the Communist Giatns inexroable rise to World Domination on the back of Lemming Like Western outsourcing purchasing of chearp textiles etc

As for Christmas,leave Yuletide December 25th for the people to enjoy, the Church has 52 Sundays already , thats more than plenty to choose from to appoint Christmas .
              Why, you little maggot! You make me want to vomit! You goddam communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out! Now you do love the Virgin Mary, don't you?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                Why, you little maggot! You make me want to vomit! You goddam communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary... or I'm gonna stomp your guts out! Now you do love the Virgin Mary, don't you?!
                I just love the Immaculate Conception and other Fairy stories !

Comment

Oooh stress city!!! You're on the fastlane to your coffin...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

YEs, well, but.

I think that the Church of England is also a bit 'too Christian'. They shouldn't have all this kneeling down - it will cost the NHS lots for knee replacements and back trouble later. And all these crosses. Yes. Maybe a picture of Tony Blair on the altar. In fact several pictures of Tony on the altar. One as a white man. Another "coloured in a bit", and another with airbrushed eyes to give a more oriental look. That should do nicely.

Perhaps when they go around with the collection plate, the person could have a Gordon Brown mask on to make the faithful more enthusiatic about giving, and make them realise that it isn't optional.

All this church music is a bit intimidating too. Maybe a few songs from Billy Brag played on a cheap boogiebox would be more friendly.

A few more mentions of "Mohammed" would balance things out a bit. And you can buy a few Buddhas from the pound shop and scatter these around a bit.

A couple of prayer-flags hung from the roof would give the whole thing a bit of a party atmosphere.

Services could be held randomly on Friday, Saturday or Sunday to keep you on your toes.

And a little Unleavened Bread and a quick mention of Tom Kipper would broaden the base a little.

And inspired by the sikh religion, a very long piece of cloth could be wrapped around the head, and over the eyes, and all down the body. This would just leave enough space to show a blue forehead (dyed with wode for Druid reasons), and a large tatoo showing "666" to show that you were one of Tony's Boys.

Sorted !

Comment

Working...
                    X