• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Trip USA after being benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    It sounds like you're just having a bit of a breakdown to me.

Why do something so drastic? is this just a way of splitting up with your lass cause she's getting a bit too serious?

Why not just head away for a 3 week trip on your own first, straighten your head, then decide?
    Eh?

What's drastic about taking a few months out for a road trip in a tulip market and dumping the gf who's got different ideas to you about the future (babies)?

Guys normally are what they say on the tin, it's women who have all the emotional levels and need the psychoanalysis (Heavy on the psycho bit).

Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Why do something so drastic? is this just a way of splitting up with your lass cause she's getting a bit too serious?
      Agreed. Do it for the right reasons.

I'm planning on a solo circumnavigation of Africa next year, if your doing this without your Mrs I really think you need to be aware how lonely it will be. Yes you'll meet other people through its not the same as you'll just know them; you could end up having one of the most amazing experiances of your life by yourself.

You might also come back and realise that your Mrs was a big part of your life (depends how long you've been dating, if she wants kids I suggest its not 3 months).

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Nope.... it's not just "my" Plan B
        Technically it'd be his Plan P.

Comment

except the America part....choose somewhere more interesting!

apart from that, go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            When women want kids all I have is the image of Rhona out of 2.4 children putting pins into condoms.
            That sounds painful.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              except the America part....choose somewhere more interesting!
              What a load of rot. The USA has staggering variety.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

[QUOTE=bodnobal;912187]I have a teacher as a gf but I think that isn't going to last, she is in early 30s and wants kiddies, I don't.

QUOTE]

She’s already pregnant
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Must say Paddy, ole Tucker Jenkins there in your avatar sure has got himself a slaphead since his Grange Hill days! Right ugly looking c unt to boot also.

Comment

Scarily I just spent some time with the good people of expedia ... could get from London - New York and San Diego - London return for £612.

Tempting, tempting, tempting ...

It's a ~4700km drive cross country mind and I suspect I'd want to do it in a Mustang or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                      <snip>
                      It's a ~4700km drive cross country mind and I suspect I'd want to do it in a Mustang or similar.
                      Kombi** - Resplendent with long haired California gals

**(splitty, type 2, bus, whatever they're generically called given your country of residence - eg Bumfuzzle)
                      Last edited by craig_m67; 8 August 2009, 00:18. Reason: kLink

Comment

Working...
                      X