• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Xenophon.

You'll have SandyDown emailing you rude pics of herself with men in uniform before you know it.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      I would say it is probably not the most sensible idea. You get all sorts on here...

Your spam filter will be on overtime.

It does not feel like the most sensible idea, nevertheless, the people with whom I talk to suggest looking out for number 1. At the moment I fly home every weekend, stopping that on its own would be something....
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        I’m a contractor in the defence industry and my client has offered to renew my contract this December. Great. BUT, two other contracts have been offered to me (without seeking) offering improved rates. I’ve made the client aware of my status and they may offer to match other rates, however if they don’t? Do I leave, possibly upsetting them, and go for an improved rate? Or do I stay and maintain a good relationship with the client?

Thanks,

Fraser
        Nothing worse than being between the ship and the shore.

If you want to press the gamble button then you will have a reason for doing so.

So think hard and long about what you want, what motivates you, or are you just negotiating?

If it comes down to just rate then it looks like you have a negotiating point.

Focus on (and decide) the outcome that you want and work towards that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          "Do I leave, possibly upsetting them, and go for an improved rate? Or do I stay and maintain a good relationship with the client?"

Shouldn't questions like this be under some sort of 101 for newbies, along with such things as 'Should I wear a tie to my first interview'?
          So what's your answer to that one?

Personally I always go for the tie & suit. But does that make companies think you're less techie?

Comment

Same, suit and tie, though doesn't seem as common here in Belgium and sometimes feel overdressed.

Came out of the car-park this morning and straight-off some guy looks at me and literally runs over as fast as he can to ask for some money, made me feel like some white person in Africa for a moment....

Comment

Working...
            X