• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Price of a bed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    You should have gone to the adult section when buying, instead of the kids ones ...

Nothing like killing the moment than turning up in your lucky nights room and she's got a novelty hippo bed.
    80's style bunk bed ..with slide
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      You should have gone to the adult section when buying, instead of the kids ones ...

Nothing like killing the moment than turning up in your lucky nights room and she's got a novelty hippo bed.
      You got me crying with laughter. Oh dear, my tummy muscles hurt!
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        That wouldn't kill the moment - I'd be thinking "wahey! an adventure playground evening in!".

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          You got me crying with laughter. Oh dear, my tummy muscles hurt!

Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            a) It's a nice idea, but give them vouchers at Dreams or John Lewis so they can choose it themselves - it'd be weird if you chose the actual bedframe.
            b) For a half-decent one, anywhere between £500-£700.
            c) One of these.
            Aye - that sound best.

It might be a bit lost on them, but this place has nice beds
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

a) Is it a weird idea buying a bed for my brother and spouse?
              Not at all. Just make sure that you buy the bed and then get a 12" x 8" framed photo of yourself in 'double thumbs up and winking' pose and fasten it to the headboard.
              King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by MrToast View Post
                Not at all. Just make sure that you buy the bed and then get a 12" x 8" framed photo of yourself in 'double thumbs up and winking' pose and fasten it to the headboard.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MrToast View Post
                  Have it permanently laminated
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My brother has recently got married and they have moved into their first home. Found out at the weekend that they're sleeping on a mattress on the floor until they can afford a bed. My original present was to help out considerably towards their honeymoon (it's being delayed due to their work commitments) but now Im thinking of suggesting buying a bed.

a) Is it a weird idea buying a bed for my brother and spouse?
                    b) How much did you pay for your current bed?
                    c) More curiosity really: what style bed do you have?

Chef
                    Just to answer a question you didn't ask: there are standard sizes for beds, mattresses, and bedclothes; and IKEA's stuff is not standard sizes. So if any of the elements is from IKEA, they all have to be.

Comment

Paid about a grand. It`s an old aged knickel kind of four poster but with lots of bars - great for handcuffs and things.

Nothing wrong with buying a bed, but maybe not a good idea to go round shops with his Mrs testing beds out........

Not sure I would buy someone a bed they didn`t help to choose themselves - it`s quite a personal item.

Comment

Working...
                      X