• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK style council advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I have decided it's time to trade in my Rolex - it's just the cheapo model anyway - ordinary datejust. What is the well dressed but not too showy contractor wearing on his wrist these days? 3k max - pref less
    The well-dressed but not too showy contractor will be wearing something that has an elegant but not flashy design, and (importantly) performs the required functions well without burdening itself and its owner with an excess of unnecessary functions.

At one time that might have been a Rolex or an Omega, or at least a Seiko. Today that is a simple quartz watch, probably analogue. If you care about the price, it would be £50 - £150. Anything more is jewellery, not watch.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Jewellery, plus boasting of wealth. The question here is how to sport a piece of bling while pretending to yourself that it is "tasteful".
      In that case, Peoplesoft bloke should avoid half measures.

Chunky gold identity bracelet, sovereign rings, and "L-O-V-E"/"H-A-T-E" tattoos across the knuckles FTW!

(Let's face it, showing off by having an expensive wristwatch just makes you look like a chav with more money than average. It's still obvious that you have no class. Class doesn't need bling.)
      Last edited by NickFitz; 1 August 2009, 02:49.

Comment

Danish Design, more elegant than my mobile phone and just £50.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
          Danish Design, more elegant than my mobile phone and just £50.
          As it happens, that is what I wear too.

And indeed, NickFitz, wearing an expensive wristwatch now has no purpose related to timekeeping, only to bling.

Comment

Casio - £5.99

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In that case, Peoplesoft bloke should avoid half measures.

Chunky gold identity bracelet, sovereign rings, and "L-O-V-E"/"H-A-T-E" tattoos across the knuckles FTW!
              Er how do you know I haven't.......

Comment

I have a Breil Milano chronograph, Italian style with Japanese innards the ultimate combination (not too pricey either).

I wish someone would build cars with this combination.

I also have a Seiko G757 that belonged to my dad.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Er how do you know I haven't.......

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...August-27.html

Comment

Can you imagine what a cock you'll look when you try to use it as a phone?

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X