• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Plan b involved a kernel mode driver (written in C)
    The front end is written in C, using the GTK+ framework.

Choice was, at the time I did not want to have to fork out for expensive IDEs, and opted for open source GNU C.

Runs like hot snot, compiles down to BA and it is not dependant on any girlie JIT compilers and frameworks.
    But can it bind to a datagrid?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      But can it bind to a datagrid?
      Seriously tugging yourself off over that one aren't you.

I said I was humouring ClientCo.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        This is C++. It's beyond you script kiddies.

HTH
        Well said
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

The agent has made the right decision and is doing the job an agent should do. Filter out the dross.

In the current market there will be many good C/C++ bods available with plenty of commercial experience. After all, if you were a client who would you choose - a hobbyist or a pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            The agent has made the right decision and is doing the job an agent should do. Filter out the dross.

In the current market there will be many good C/C++ bods available with plenty of commercial experience. After all, if you were a client who would you choose - a hobbyist or a pro?
            I guess if I had only every used it as a hobbyist I would agree with that. I do have many years commercial experience, but it's too long ago apparently. And any recent experience is, as you say, hobbyist.

I think it's scary, and does bear out some of the fears people have over being on the bench for extended periods of time. Soon, using the tools in your bench time to keep your skills sharp will no longer be enough.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X