• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what can the Tories do for us?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Idiots like CyberCretin cream their curtains at the thought of the Tories, being too stupid to understand that New Labour essentially followed the laissez faire policies started by Thatcher (although they tried to clandestinely redistribute wealth by increasing stealth taxes and putting more money in public services).

It clearly is time for a change, but I'm struggling to find any concrete policies that the Tories stand for. Have to say I think Cameron is a bulltulipter in the Blair mould - it's why he was chosen after all.
    Furthermore, the modern Tory party seems to consist of the same type of career politicans as New Labour does i.e. people who have not done any real jobs in the past. Cameron himself is one of these non-productive types.

Bring back the aristocratic grandees I say. Alt least they had some principles.
    So who are the three of you planning to vote for at the next election? Judging from your posts will be 1 Tory, 1 Liberal and 1 monster looney.

Comment

Interesting that 2 posters on here, claim I am on their ignore lists.
      So WTF are you doing on my thread?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Interesting that 2 posters on here, claim I am on their ignore lists.
        So WTF are you doing on my thread?
        Its not your sandpit you know......

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Sadly, the Tories can't do much for idiot loser permies like yourself sasguru. Best vote green.

Have you thought about a lobotomy upgrade to that limp grey jelly you call a brain?
          You are ShaunBhoy and I claim my 5 peeled spuds.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

You are ShaunBhoy and I claim my 5 peeled spuds.
            Sorry, I forgot the

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              . I'd shoot myself if the Tories were not an improvement on Labour.
              Excellent. There's hope then.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So who are the three of you planning to vote for at the next election? Judging from your posts will be 1 Tory, 1 Liberal and 1 monster looney.
                To be fair, the OMRL party would be brilliant. I particularly like their policy on making parliament more accessible to the people.....but putting it on wheels and towing it round the country. Classic!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  To be fair, the OMRL party would be brilliant. I particularly like their policy on making parliament more accessible to the people.....but putting it on wheels and towing it round the country. Classic!
                  THe MPs would like that. Think of the expenses they could claim.

Comment

Tories, like any political party, will do absolutely nothing for us or really anyone in the country bar a few minority groups (don't necessarily mean defined by race/religion, just those who complain the loudest)

These days with political parties is not really a question of 'who will do most for us' or 'who is best for the country', more of 'who will cause us/the country the least amount damage'

We are seriously in need of a intelligent but hard assed dictator for about 10 to 15 years who does not care about trying to appease every little tom dick harry out there because he does not have to worry about getting re-elected, to clear the mountains of useless or just plain stupid crap that has built up over the last 50 years in our Government policies/taxes/law/regulations, basically the equivalent of a system reformat

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                      Tories, like any political party, will do absolutely nothing for us or really anyone in the country bar a few minority groups (don't necessarily mean defined by race/religion, just those who complain the loudest)

These days with political parties is not really a question of 'who will do most for us' or 'who is best for the country', more of 'who will cause us/the country the least amount damage'

We are seriously in need of a intelligent but hard assed dictator for about 10 to 15 years who does not care about trying to appease every little tom dick harry out there because he does not have to worry about getting re-elected, to clear the mountains of useless or just plain stupid crap that has built up over the last 50 years in our Government policies/taxes/law/regulations, basically the equivalent of a system reformat

Errr, doesn't that end up with a Benito or Adolf type candidate? thx, but no thx.
                      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X