• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mind the oranges Marlon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    Some three years back.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neil-Gaimans...8962176&sr=8-5

Yours for a tenner.
    Still can't beat the original TV series though. Finally got it on DVD a few years back.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I do. Saturday afternoons were regularly spent hanging around in Forbidden Planet, followed by a trip to Orc's Nest. Or vise versa.
      It was Forever People for me. I picked up loads of stuff from there over the years, including getting Jamie Hewlett (He of Gorillaz and Tank Girl) to do a sketch for me for free as well as lending me a fiver. ;o)
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

It was Forever People for me. I picked up loads of stuff from there over the years, including getting Jamie Hewlett (He of Gorillaz and Tank Girl) to do a sketch for me for free as well as lending me a fiver. ;o)
        I've always been a fan of Hewlett's artwork. He's done some cracking stuff over the years.

Comment

"Victor", "Valient", "Battle" and "Warlord", for the more beligerent in the congregation.
          I got BULLET from Issue 1. Catriona Klansberg was my favourite character... Joined the fireball club too...

2000AD?

Strontium Dog

I did like the various characters in the Dredd stories, Tweek, Walter etc.

Favourite short(ish) story was "Fiends of the Eastern Front".

Showing my age there!
          Last edited by Churchill; 30 July 2009, 14:30. Reason: Klansberg with a "K" you tit!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Strontium Dog

I did like the various characters in the Dredd stories, Tweek, Walter etc.

Favourite short(ish) story was "Fiends of the Eastern Front".

Showing my age there!
            Chopper was the best of the Megacity/Dredd related stories I thought. A lot of the JD stuff itself got pretty repetitive.

Comment

Wasn't a shade on the Dandy or Beano, I remember how flushed with pride I was reading about Minnie the Minx, Dennis the Menace and Gnasher, Desperate Dan and The Bash Street Kids.
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                Wasn't a shade on the Dandy or Beano, I remember how flushed with pride I was reading about Minnie the Minx, Dennis the Menace and Gnasher, Desperate Dan and The Bash Street Kids.
                Whizzer and Chips.
                The Beano was for Girls!

Comment

I started reading it in 1978. Stopped in 1987.

Halo Jones, Judge Anderson were great. Nemesis was ok, but got a bit bogged down by the time they got to "Thoth".

Proper science fiction, for the most part.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nah, you're all right thanks. They go for about 10p each, so make it a grand and they're yours.
                    advertised for a couple of quid each on ebay

Comment

Just been refreshing my memory of the magazine. I used to have the board game - Block Mania. IIRC, it was quite fun to play.
                      Last edited by NotAllThere; 30 July 2009, 15:58.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X