• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mind the oranges Marlon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And The Eagle...
    Whizzer and Chips.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Whizzer and Chips.
      Bunty, Judy and Jackie.

No No - I meant MWOM and other Marvel stuff.... and the occasional DC Comics.......

Did anyone else really belive in the X-Ray Specs........

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        And The Eagle...
        Dan Dare and his assistant Digby. Later on I recall a comic called Champion.

And there was always the Beano for laughs.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

"Victor", "Valient", "Battle" and "Warlord", for the more beligerent in the congregation.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Bunty, Judy and Jackie.

No No - I meant MWOM and other Marvel stuff.... and the occasional DC Comics.......

Did anyone else really belive in the X-Ray Specs........
            Yes
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

just thought I'd post as I'm Marlon.

Comment

Is 2000AD still going or has it long since died a death?

I liked most of the stories but Slaine and Rogue Trooper were fav's.
                Didn't care much for a story called Torquemada tho' as I always thought it was badly drawn and too complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
                  Didn't care much for a story called Torquemada tho' as I always thought it was badly drawn and too complicated.
                  That's cause you is thick. And it's called "Nemesis".
                  Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
                    Is 2000AD still going or has it long since died a death?

I liked most of the stories but Slaine and Rogue Trooper were fav's.
                    Yes it's still very much out there.

As it happens I had to move issues 1-250 out of our spare room yesterday, and start reboxing. I only went up to 1200 or so.

Glenn Fabry of Slaine did some covers for Steve Dillions Preacher a while back and his new stuff (Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman is also great)
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                      Yes it's still very much out there.

As it happens I had to move issues 1-250 out of our spare room yesterday, and start reboxing. I only went up to 1200 or so.

Glenn Fabry of Slaine did some covers for Steve Dillions Preacher a while back and his new stuff (Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman is also great)
                      I'll take them off your hands for a fiver.

Was a massive fan of 2000AD. Spent too much time (and money) in Forbidden Planet in my early teens trying to buy as much memorabilia as I could lay my hands on.

I heard they were making a Rogue Trooper movie. As the cavvy said earlier, let's hope it's nowhere as dire as the Judge Dredd movie (Drokk it. Dredd never takes his helmet off).
                      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                      X