• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher's top five achievements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Yep they have kept them poor. They have ensured that they have a poor education, they have made sure that they are reliant on benefits and they have denied them any access to the private health that we middle classes have enjoyed.

They have also made sure that they are not allowed to own property.

Why?

because without a poor they would not have millions of people employed under the state dolling out "poor" services or relying on welfare patronage from the state. And Polly Toynbee would be out of a job because she would have no poor people with which to beat the rich.

So true. They have worsened education standards which has made it more difficult to bridge the gap between achievers and underachievers. Their dogma of promoting all standards to be taught in the same class and no selection has succeeded in holding back the more intelligent kids. They also abolished 'assisted places' in 1997 that would have at least allowed some clever underprivileged kids access to private schools.......while sending their own kids to private schools, which is rank hypocrisy.

One of the first things the Tories must do is bring back selection in schools in order to fast track intelligent kids, which will benefit our economy in the long-term. Labour have left us with a 'lost' generation of kids in the state system unfortunately.

Comment

But all that is good for the clever ones. We don't have any competition.
      If you're stupid like CyberCretin however, it doesn't matter you'll always be poor.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Yep they have kept them poor. They have ensured that they have a poor education, they have made sure that they are reliant on benefits and they have denied them any access to the private health that we middle classes have enjoyed.

They have also made sure that they are not allowed to own property.

Why?

because without a poor they would not have millions of people employed under the state dolling out "poor" services or relying on welfare patronage from the state. And Polly Toynbee would be out of a job because she would have no poor people with which to beat the rich.
        Dodgy - I wasn't referring to the 'poor' who can't afford a satellite service or the 'poor' who can't afford to own their own homes. I mean the really, really poor - the kind that lived 15 to a godawful flat, with rape,murder, chronic sickness and child abuse a daily occurance. That's where my family started. Those are who were helped by a Labour government.
        The point I was trying to make was that there is no one solution to the problems in society, and it is ludicrous to pretend that there is.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Dodgy - I wasn't referring to the 'poor' who can't afford a satellite service or the 'poor' who can't afford to own their own homes. I mean the really, really poor - the kind that lived 15 to a godawful flat, with rape,murder, chronic sickness and child abuse a daily occurance. That's where my family started. Those are who were helped by a Labour government.
          The point I was trying to make was that there is no one solution to the problems in society, and it is ludicrous to pretend that there is.

The really poor have always been helped by whichever party has been in power, and nobody would want it any other way. You have been reading too much left-wing propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            The really poor have always been helped by whichever party has been in power, and nobody would want it any other way. You have been reading too much left-wing propaganda.
            And you have been reading the Daily Mail. What a shame you couldn't read and understand my previous posts.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

And you have been reading the Daily Mail. What a shame you couldn't read and understand my previous posts.
              I wouldn't bother. You're talking to a very confused and sad individual.
              Gay, yet unable to come to terms with it (probably conflicts with his Tory ideals)
              A lonely old man who lives alone yet is frightened to talk to his neighbour. One who hasn't been very succesful in life and still has to pay off his mortgage even though he's "retired" (i.e. unemployed).
              To be pitied really.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                But all that is good for the clever ones. We don't have any competition.
                If you're stupid like CyberCretin however, it doesn't matter you'll always be poor.

HTH
                Even people of lesser intelligence should never be written off to a life on benefits, which is what has happened under all governments. The difference between labour and conservatives is that labour want everyone to be poor, whereas the conservatives only want the poor to be poor.

There is no reason why conservatives (labour are not interested because no one would vote for them) should not be able through in particular education enable the poor to enjoy lives away from the patronage of the state.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The thing about you left-wingers is that you always claim the moral high-ground, but how does the abolition of the 10 per cent tax rate, the creation of nearly 4 million unemployed, and the plunging of pensioners into poverty defend your position ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    For all those who keep posting bring back maggie - what do you rate as her top five?
                    Thirty years of unbroken conversative government

Comment

You're all playing this thread wrong. We need a rota in place - whoever's turn it is pops in, spends 10s writing something vaguely pro-Labour and leaves. That way we can keep CB locked in this thread, too busy to post anywhere else.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X