• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drug use is good for you??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Everyone should take a powerful hallucinogen at least once.
    WHS*

*Only exception being people who are already seriously messed up in the head/detached from reality

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      The first step to removing drug problem from the streets is to legalise it.

The second step is to tax it.

There's no reason those crims should be getting all of that lovely revenue.
      If you follow that path, you'll simply encourage further smuggling. As has happened with ciggies.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If you follow that path, you'll simply encourage further smuggling. As has happened with ciggies.
        The problem with Cig's is the tax has got so high (roughly 77%) it is now more than profitable enough for smugglers

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          When David Cameron was asked if he had ever done cocaine he replied "not since I became an MP" and refused to answer any more questions on it, everyone knows he smoke hash at school.

Was your pea sized brain not aware of that?

Kids are quite often ignorant and stupid before they get out into the big wide world. When people gather some maturity they tend to mend their stupid ways. You are probably not old enough yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
            The problem with Cig's is the tax has got so high (roughly 77%) it is now more than profitable enough for smugglers
            That combined with the fact that the rates of duty on cigarettes vary very significantly between different European countries I am not convinced it would be the same thing with a tax on narcotics at all.

I for one think that the "drugs problem" would be transformed if the supply was taken out of the hands of criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              The first step to removing drug problem from the streets is to legalise it.

The second step is to tax it.

There's no reason those crims should be getting all of that lovely revenue.

What a stupid argument. Many things are legal and taxed and continue to be used. Cars, holidays and clothes are three examples which I don't see people the stopping use of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                What a stupid argument. Many things are legal and taxed and continue to be used. Cars, holidays and clothes are three examples which I don't see people the stopping use of.
                I don't believe he mentioned the words or phrase stopped/stopping using ... so if you're calling someone's argument stupid, it's at least worth reading wtf they are saying.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I don't believe he mentioned the words or phrase stopped/stopping using ... so if you're calling someone's argument stupid, it's at least worth reading wtf they are saying.

So legalising and taxing drugs will remove the problem from the streets ? Of course it won't. All it will do is open up drug use to more youngsters who believe it is more ok than ever to indulge because it is legal. Just look at what happened when our esteemed HMG lowered the classification of cannabis, making it effectively legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    So legalising and taxing drugs will remove the problem from the streets ? Of course it won't. All it will do is open up drug use to more youngsters who believe it is more ok than ever to indulge because it is legal. Just look at what happened when our esteemed HMG lowered the classification of cannabis, making it effectively legal.
                    It'll take it away from the criminal element, I believe that's the point. I don't believe that's a bad thing.

You're statement about opening it up to youngsters is very naive, you thionk it's even remotely difficult to get drugs as a young person these days? It's probably harder to get alcohol ...

And no, what happened when our HMG opened up cannabis - I believe the government sides with you on that one, despite the advice of the independent body they commissioned to do a study.

Who cares if people like a smoke? I'm more worried about deviants who lick the chutney spoon and stick it back in afterwards.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      I'm more worried about deviants who lick the chutney spoon and stick it back in afterwards.
                      I'm sure I saw a film where that happened once. Flippin internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X