• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drug use is good for you??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone should take a powerful hallucinogen at least once.

Comment

I'm kind of ambivalent.

On one hand I know they're a hell of a lot of fun, and the vast majority of people I know who've partaken of them haven't experienced anything negative apart from the occasional 'bad trip' or bout of paranoia.

On the other hand many people where I grew up got onto heroin, a handful died frmo OD's and many more are FUBAR'd, and one mate of mine here has developed a massive coke addiction. Saying that, he's an alky and addicted to hookers as well so not like it's his only issue or that he'd have been ok anyway without drugs ...

I'd never say ban them, but there are other sides, and degrees of what's ok and what's not.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post

Free access to drugs would just see more sad casualties.
        It would control the population somewhat though....
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Had cannabis a few times and once it screwed me up so much I have never felt inclined to touch any drug again. I have had enough problems clinging on to reality without them. On the other hand my friend, who was a very confident outgoing sort, used to smoke it practically every day.

There are some like that who appear able to take it or leave it, not just cannabis either, although most regular drug users I have met, like the ones I have come across in course of voluntary work, are useless losers.

My own view on control would be legalise drug use but treat it as an exacerbating factor in crime and reduce benefits according to the part drug use played in the unemployment. I believe in personal freedom, just not that others should pay for it.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2009, 08:19.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            one mate of mine here has developed a massive coke addiction. Saying that, he's an alky and addicted to hookers as well so not like it's his only issue or that he'd have been ok anyway without drugs ...
            A few of my friends are mad for the charlie, taking it before going to work, that kind of thing, and their idea of fun at the weekend is getting a hotel room, a big bag of chico and a few street hookers from town. One is a teacher as well.

The goverment told us that hash, acid and Es were really bad for you so after people took them for years and never developed any issues they were less inclined to believe the goverment when they warned against smack, crack amd meth.

there should have been a much starker difference in the way the goverment treated the groups of drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Had cannabis a few times and once it screwed me up so much I have never felt inclined to touch any drug again. I have had enough problems clinging on to reality without them. On the other hand my friend, who was a very confident outgoing sort, used to smoke it practically every day.

Grass is a weird one, only drug I pretty much stay well clear of since it gives me massive paranoia. Pretty much anything else I can handle and have a great time on ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

On all drugs and alcohol, maybe an effective method of control would be to legalise/cut taxes but put a deadly poison in every 1 millionth dose. You could do that with fags too, 1 in five million would blow your head off.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

On all drugs and alcohol, maybe an effective method of control would be to legalise/cut taxes but put a deadly poison in every 1 millionth dose. You could do that with fags too, 1 in five million would blow your head off.
                  And most definitely 1 in every 1 chutney spoons ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                    Everyone should take a powerful hallucinogen at least once.
                    Once a week.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Had cannabis a few times and once it screwed me up so much I have never felt inclined to touch any drug again.

I'll never forget overindulging one evening after about 8 pints of cider. I hadn't smoked in a while either. I believe I experienced what is known as a "whitey" in Scotland. Not nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X