• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Silliness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well it made me laugh..

My boss emails me asking for strong tea but due to a typo asks for string tea…..the temptation was too strong I rooted in the handbag for a sanitary item & hey presto one string tea.

That will teach him
    I like you
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      one string tea.

Priceless!

Ordering tea by email, FFS. Next time, email him back a .JPG of a cup of tea.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Not sure many on CUK would admit to making tea for their 'boss'.
        Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Or even admit to having a 'boss', I have a client
        Halo is better than most though, isnt that right BGG

EDIT: Not that i know personally like, or am suggesting anything other than that BGG would say, im guessing, that Halo's pretty great.. oh dammit, foot.. mouth, hole..digging ever bigger
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

EDIT: Not that i know personally like, or am suggesting anything other than that BGG would say, im guessing, that Halo's pretty great.. oh dammit, foot.. mouth, hole..digging ever bigger
          LOL would you like a JCB with that? although he has never complained
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

As Sir John Harvey Jones would say, "When you're in a hole stop digging"
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Chef : Halo is better than most though, isnt that right BGG
              Hell yeah.

She's smart, sexy, funny, gothalicious and that's the stuff I can reveal.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Requesting tea by email? What kind of mad place are you?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  Requesting tea by email? What kind of mad place are you?
                  I work at home and often MSN the missus asking for tea/coffee/sandwiches. I mean, there's a whole flight of stairs between us.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I can imagine worse...

"Dear Boss,

I am sitting on a turtle-head and need to visit Trap 3 fairly quickly. Please can I have permission to go ?"

----------------
                    "Please note I am out of the Office until next Wednesday. My secretary will deal with any problems you may have"
                    -----------------

Oh noes !
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

We use Teamspeak to make requests in the home environment when we are gaming.

Admittedly, it's usually something like "More DPS ! More Healing ! OMG, I got Aggro"

Though beverage requests have been known.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X