• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    FFS!! One is more than enough for most of us!!

True, but after you've lost your hands etc you probably need a bit of help to get dressed in the morning.

Comment

The Darién Scheme (1695)

Need we say more?

T

Comment

Originally posted by foxbat3000 View Post
        I'm Scots but I've come to the conclusion that the present form of union is no longer workable there has to be a UK Senate(it would sit in the House of Lords) and Westminster would once again be the home of the English parliament. The Senate would do everything that the national parliaments did not wish to do foreign affairs defence etc. The English Parliament, which adjourned on 25 March 1707, is hereby reconvened..................
        The first thing that struck me about that post is Scottish people do not refer to themselves as 'Scots'.

Comment

We do honest

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The first thing that struck me about that post is Scottish people do not refer to themselves as 'Scots'.
          Really its true I don't know where you got that idea from maybe they don't when they go down south.

Have to say I've been sadly disappointed but as England is a normally Conservative voting nation I can understand the apprehension with something constitutionally radical. That said the present system is untenable in the longer term and will need reform whatever happens.

Comment

I don't think I have ever said this before to anyone ever.

Have to say I've been sadly disappointed but as England is a normally Conservative voting nation I can understand the apprehension with something constitutionally radical.
            Why don't you go home? Coming down here trying to tell us what's what. If you don't like it here, bugger off back where you came from.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I don't think I have ever said this before to anyone ever.

Why don't you go home? Coming down here trying to tell us what's what. If you don't like it here, bugger off back where you came from.
              Eh I am home here is a link to cultural cringe on wiki well well well never thought I'd see it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_cringe I'm home in Edinburgh. I'm asking for a more efficient government the Bundeslander parliaments were created by English civil servants after the 1939-1945 war so if you did it then why cant you do it now? A UK senate not a bunch of Altzheimers in the House of Lords.

Comment

I'm home in Edinburgh.
                I thought you were 'Scots'. WTF has the London Borough of Edinburgh got to do with Scotland?

I'm asking for a more efficient government the Bundeslander parliaments were created by English civil servants after the 1939-1945 war so if you did it then why cant you do it now? A UK senate not a bunch of Altzheimers in the House of Lords.
                Fukc off you fascist tosser.

I presume you are Cybertory.

I also presume you have run out of medication.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X