• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear! Blair for EU president!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Ex-prime minister Tony Blair is the UK candidate for president of the European Council, Europe Minister Baroness Kinnock has apparently confirmed.

This was always a knocking bet!

Apologies to the rest of you that have posted similar.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Hmmmnn - I seem to recall the feeling on the Lisbon Treaty at home was a resounding No!

So this debate is probably pointless...
      Ah, but how would the thought of Blair becoming President of the European Council influence voters in Ireland?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Ah, but how would the thought of Blair becoming President of the European Council influence voters in Ireland?
        Doubt it - people have very short memories.
        Last edited by cailin maith; 15 July 2009, 15:13.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Do you think it's too late for my avatar to go and shoot the bastard?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            They never did catch "Him", did they?

Comment

It won't happen. Why? 1 - he has the support of the Labour party. Last time I looked they were 12-1 in a 2 horse race for the next election. 2 - The French & Germans will not support him. Unless they really want to piss each other off........................................
              Could easily happen. Blair just needs to do two things

1. Make an abject apology for Iraq. 'I'm so, so sorry' Sad face, little tear at the eye. So sincere.

2. Have Peter Mandelson double Britains financial contribution to the EU.
              'It's for the children of Europe!'

Not too hard at all really

Comment

Blair as EU President and Mandelson at UK PM (de facto) essentially means that the following will occur:

1. EU federalism will become a reality - and with UK in the vanguard.

2. GBP is dead, and the UK will be a €-denominated country within five years

3. Mrs Thatcher will foam at the mouth, have a stroke and die

Who wants to pitch in for a sniper and two rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  Blair as EU President and Mandelson at UK PM (de facto) essentially means that the following will occur:

1. EU federalism will become a reality - and with UK in the vanguard.

2. GBP is dead, and the UK will be a €-denominated country within five years

3. Mrs Thatcher will foam at the mouth, have a stroke and die

Who wants to pitch in for a sniper and two rounds?
                  I can and would do that job gratis.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I can and would do that job gratis.
                    Gratis?

Steady on old boy!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                      Nope, let's hope he manages it slightly better than the DeGaul attempt!!!

One gigantic issues we all have with this is while I utterly despise Tone what other potential candidates are there?

Our politicos are all either utterly discredited proven lying buggers or completely hollow yes men types, I don't honestly see the UK as having a credible candidate (of any party) with the necessary gravitas to present.

Comment

Working...
                      X