• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Craked my coccyx

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A coccyx is just a relic of a tail we don't need anyway. If it's cracked, take the opportunity to twist it off altogether and then you won't have the problem again.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      A coccyx is just a relic of a tail we don't need anyway. If it's cracked, take the opportunity to twist it off altogether and then you won't have the problem again.
      But then he might grow one, like a lizard could.

How brilliant would it be to have a prehensile tail?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Agony.

Out in the garden last night, glass of wine in one hand, cigar in the other looking up at the stars, stumbled backwards and fell onto the rockery. Arse landed on a chunk of sandstone. It felt like I had just been buggered by a gorilla.

Taken about 3 different types of pain killer today and nothing helps.

I have cracked it before and the pain lasts for months.
        Sory to hear that. Mrs BP cracked hers last year. Agony for about 6 weeks. Get well soon.

Comment

Agony.

Out in the garden last night, glass of wine in one hand, cigar in the other looking up at the stars, stumbled backwards and fell onto the rockery. Arse landed on a chunk of sandstone. It felt like I had just been buggered by a gorilla.

Taken about 3 different types of pain killer today and nothing helps.

How ironic, pain in the arse gets pain in the arse
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Lot of it about it seems.

The cause of my lower back pain is apprently related to a fracture of the coccyx that must have happened several years ago - even though I was not aware of it at the time (fallen on my arse whilst walking and skiing too many times to notice).

Apparently the bones have knitted in such a way that it's putting pressure on a nerve so that it feels rather like 'toothache of the arse'.

My only resort is surgery (not guaranteed successful) and I will probably need to wait at least 10 months.

So. Take good care of your coccyxs boys and girls, otherwise painful misery awaits you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              So. Take good care of your coccyxs boys and girls, otherwise painful misery awaits you.
              coccyges

(to rhyme with sausages presumably?)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                coccyges

(to rhyme with sausages presumably?)
                Really? Well, who says you never learn anything on CUK?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  He did have his 'cigar' in hand.
                  Smoking can seriously harm your health
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

Years.

I did mine while skiing over two years ago. I still experience mild pain. The agony does go away after a while. I took medical dose (800mg) ibuprofen three times a day, washed down with schnapps. Fortunately, I could still use the t-bar drag lifts, so I could continue skiing. Needed a cushion at work for about 3 months.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is no laughing matter.
                      I was buggered by a gorilla once and the pain is still with me. He didnt write, he didnt call...

all men are b@stards

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X