• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Engagement ring help...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I proposed in November in the middle of Central Park New York. The engagement ring was a 1.06 carat Asscher Cut, VVS2 E, GIA Certified Diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
      I proposed in November in the middle of Central Park New York. The engagement ring was a 1.06 carat Asscher Cut, VVS2 E, GIA Certified Diamond.
      I proposed after we'd both hiked to the top of the drakensberg amphitheatre. Hurt my flipping knee kneeling on a rock in the process

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I proposed after we'd both hiked to the top of the drakensberg amphitheatre. Hurt my flipping knee kneeling on a rock in the process
        "You are not authorized to view this page"
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
          expect to sell your diamond for about 25% of what you paid for it.
          I fail to see why should that be a concern when buying an engagement ring? If you're expecting to sell it later, pick another bint.

And anyway, if she scarpers and keeps the ring, wouldn't it be nice to know she's not getting much for it?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            "You are not authorized to view this page"
            Whoops

Try this one

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I used to know someone in the business, she told me that the mark up on jewelry is astonishing.
              Which comes to mind any bloke who says "If anything happens to me she'll be able to sell the ring." Apart from the fact that she might not want to sell it, that mark up will be felt if she tries to raise cash from the thing.

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend" was just a marketing slogan, albeit a very clever one.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Which comes to mind any bloke who says "If anything happens to me she'll be able to sell the ring." Apart from the fact that she might not want to sell it, that mark up will be felt if she tries to raise cash from the thing.

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend" was just a marketing slogan, albeit a very clever one.
                Shoud the contemporary version be -'Divorces are a girl's best friend '?

From the financial perspective ?
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 29 July 2009, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Shoud it have been 'Divorces are a girl's best friend '?

From the financial perspective ?
                  WHS - having been on the receiving end of two x divorces, I've decided I'm not getting married again, I'm simply going to find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

BTW - who's the hottie in your avatar?

Comment

I paid around £2500 for a .8 carat diamond engagement ring from Hatton Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                      WHS - having been on the receiving end of two x divorces, I've decided I'm not getting married again, I'm simply going to find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

BTW - who's the hottie in your avatar?
                      I said that once : as Mrs BP kindly reminded me at her speech at our wedding reception last SAturday......

Comment

Working...
                      X