• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

335 in hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    MM, I think you might just be feeding a troll.
    :shame:
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      :shame:
      Actually, this is the first time that I've thought that Cybertory isn't a troll, he's just really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        You've just made a massive assumption, and assumed it as fact.

Are you on a wind-up? Could anybody really think that? Anybody?

That is obviously a worse case scenario. I was just emphasising the error in assuming that it would take 600 days to infect the whole population.
        My guess would be that the whole population would have been infected by the end of the year, at a time when hospitals will be under a lot of pressure anyway due to normal winter ailments. It seems to me that we are sleepwalking to disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          That is obviously a worse case scenario. I was just emphasising the error in assuming that it would take 600 days to infect the whole population.
          My guess would be that the whole population would have been infected by the end of the year, at a time when hospitals will be under a lot of pressure anyway due to normal winter ailments. It seems to me that we are sleepwalking to disaster.
          It's not Ebola.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Actually, this is the first time that I've thought that Cybertory isn't a troll, he's just really stupid.
            It was his thread the other day about that far-right march in Birmingham that convinced me he is particularly stupid. The stupid bit apparent for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I know, but his arguments today are so incredibly poor that I think he's on a mission to wind us all up.

I know he is not as stupid as he is making out. Even he knows infection %ages and rates and spread doesn't work like that.

I was going to whizz off and get the research to explain to him what will happen - it's well documented and out there. It was that that made me realise he is just having us on.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It was his thread the other day about that far-right march in Birmingham that convinced me he is particularly stupid. The stupid bit apparent for a long time.
                And I felt such a fool doing the searching to find the far-right web sites that promoted said 'march' and then posting the links. If such a small wandering band can be called a 'march'. It seems it was more of a family day out.

I've been kicking myself for falling for it ever since.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  If 8% if the population have asthma and 1/5 will die of swine flu then surely that makes it a minimum death rate of 2%? You said last week that 45,000 people in the UK had been infected so there should have been 900 deaths.

The amount of cock you talk is astounding.

Asthma is just one of the underlying factors that give people susceptibility to swineflu death. There are many others and if we estimate 2% for each of those we could rapidly reach 10% of the population, which would be at least 5 million. So, if we take a more conservative estimate, I think we could easily see a million deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Asthma is just one of the underlying factors that give people susceptibility to swineflu death. There are many others and if we estimate 2% for each of those we could rapidly reach 10% of the population, which would be at least 5 million. So, if we take a more conservative estimate, I think we could easily see a million deaths.
                    I blame Thatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I blame Thatcher.

At least conservative estimates are more likely to have an element of truth to them than labour estimates.

Comment

Working...
                      X