• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More RyanAir news: Standing room only!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I'm amazed that there hasn't been a mahoosive crash of a Ryanair aircraft as yet.
    Erm - can we not talk about that happening - I'm flying home with them next week
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Erm - can we not talk about that happening - I'm flying home with them next week
      Apologies! I can't imagine they'd ever dare crash in Ireland though, if it helps?

Comment

Apologies! I can't imagine they'd ever dare crash in Ireland though, if it helps?
        It helps..... ish.
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

It helps..... ish.
          well, there are fields at either end of Dublin runway aren't there ?

(I know, I know ... I'll spank myself)

Comment

Decisions, decisions.

Either:
            a) fly home with Ryan Air - cheap but stood up with legs crossed and might not make it quite all the way;
            b) fly home with an airline - expensive but I won't die in a fireball or smudged across a hill or suffocate during freefall or have my family end up burying an empty coffin because my splatted remains were eaten by crabs in the Irish Sea.

Answer:
            Choose (a) but then stay in denial.

I think I now understand the Ryan Air business model: money talks but dead passengers don't.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Decisions, decisions.

Either:
              a) fly home with Ryan Air - cheap but stood up with legs crossed and might not make it quite all the way;
              b) fly home with an airline - expensive but I won't die in a fireball or smudged across a hill or suffocate during freefall or have my family end up burying an empty coffin because my splatted remains were eaten by crabs in the Irish Sea.

Answer:
              Choose (a) but then stay in denial.

I think I now understand the Ryan Air business model: money talks but dead passengers don't.
              To be fair - I've never had a problem with the flights - only been delayed once in the 15 years I have been using them to fly over and back to either Manchester or Liverpool. For the sake of 3 days at home, I will pick whoever is cheapest Ryanair or Aer Lingus. It's a 40 min flight (on a good day!) so does it matter if it's not the most comfortable? My sister commutes in and out of Manchester every day and rarely has a seat on the train. Her commute is about 45 mins. Same same, if you ask me.
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Ryan Air have to conform to the same safety regulations as other airlines so they are no more likely to have crashes than any other.
                If standing can be proven safe then why not?

It is the treating the punters like cattle and the not too subtle extra charges that are really annoying.

I also question the commitment to safety as (I think I am right in saying) cabin crew are required to pay for their own safety training. This leads to opting for the cheapest training school which in my experience often isnt the best.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Ryan Air have to conform to the same safety regulations as other airlines so they are no more likely to have crashes than any other.
                  If standing can be proven safe then why not?

It is the treating the punters like cattle and the not too subtle extra charges that are really annoying.

I also question the commitment to safety as (I think I am right in saying) cabin crew are required to pay for their own safety training. This leads to opting for the cheapest training school which in my experience often isnt the best.
                  True - but I believe (may be wrong) that crews are financially penalised if they don't achieve turnaround times on the ground of <25minutes(?).

Comment

There seems to be a major flaw in this idea. 30% more passengers means 30% more luggage on the aircraft which would not be able to go in the cabin. They have enough trouble fitting luggage in for the current number of passengers.

Comment

True - but I believe (may be wrong) that crews are financially penalised if they don't achieve turnaround times on the ground of <25minutes(?).
                      That may be the case, but they still have to go through the same technical and safety checks any other airline. It is beyond the control of the crew. If they were bucking the system they would very soon not be allowed to fly in Europe.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X