• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Man duties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    You do know that you will be legally required to impregnate the chief bridesmaid?
    As the mother of my child will be in attendance as well as the chief bridesmaids husband............I'll say a big no to that one
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Good advice all, thanks

keep it comin'
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Chuck in some choice quotes from CUK. That should have them chortling mirthfully in the aisles.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wouldnt this be a good idea for the basis of your speach?

"As I have no experience I decided to put this out on an internet forum for advice. However I had not taken into account that the forum in question is populated by rejects from the IT crowd <expand the description of internet nerds>.
          Here are some of the publishable replies."
          You can make it up as you go along from there. Be as rude and nasty as you like and blame it on us and then put in a whitty reason why you wont be doing as suggested.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

If the proceedings are following the "traditional" route the groom will do all the "thanks", finishing off with thanking the bridesmaids and saying something nice about them.

The best man would then start their speech by saying thank you to the groom for this on behalf of the bridesmaids.

At least that's what happened at the last wedding I went to. YMMV

Comment

Mine went pretty well...

I related the grooms life to a game of chess - he's a keen player.

A few risque bits about his catholic school life - selling pron (pawn) mags etc and getting caught and being told off by the (bishop)

Carp at DIY in their new home (castle)

Passed his bike test (Knight)of the road - but now too scared to ride it!

Every King has a Queen.. etc etc...

I did nick a few things off a speech site - but 80% mine.

Bridesmaids look lovely....

10mins - job done....

Thunderous applause...

Drinks all round....

T

Comment

Working...
              X