• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is CUK different......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    No - I writ exactly what I intended to write.....

I am just surprized it took 1/2 an hour for the smilie to appear.....

Cos that is another little bug bear of mine..... people correcting every little typo......

I (sometimes) like the used for humourous effect.
    I (sometimes) think its required to clarify exactly what being said

but I don't fink its neaded for evry typo or keyslip.....

just my view of course..... please feel free to correct my spelling mistakes if it makes you happy
    gives you something to do and keeps you off the streets
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      gives you something to do and keeps you off the streets
      off of

IGMC

Comment

So we accept we do not tolerate people spouting 'truth' when backed up by facts/figures which they cannot verify.

Although any figures can be massaged to give whichever answer you want.

And that is fine.

But do we tolerate people with a different opinion than ours and where possible try to view things from all points of view in an effort to understand why people are different and from that expereince grow.

Or do we simply jump down the throat of a poster who we have taken a dislike to regardless of the subject matter.

I find it funny that many of you say you are glad you are a contractor because you can avoid office politics whilst quite clearly showing those exact same traits of irrationality and pettyness which leads to office politics whilst on this forum.

Comment

off of

IGMC
          could of

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            So we accept we do not tolerate people spouting 'truth' when backed up by facts/figures which they cannot verify.

Although any figures can be massaged to give whichever answer you want.

And that is fine.

But do we tolerate people with a different opinion than ours and where possible try to view things from all points of view in an effort to understand why people are different and from that expereince grow.

Or do we simply jump down the throat of a poster who we have taken a dislike to regardless of the subject matter.

I find it funny that many of you say you are glad you are a contractor because you can avoid office politics whilst quite clearly showing those exact same traits of irrationality and pettyness which leads to office politics whilst on this forum.
            Blah, bah, blah. Stop whingeing, poof.

Edit:
            Last edited by RichardCranium; 1 July 2009, 12:35. Reason: Hindsight
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              could of
              I think you will find Word Associations is a different thread......

Other than that - you have lost me

Comment

Blah, bah, blah. Stop whingeing, poof.
                Oh nuts I forgot I offered an opinion and as I was not part of the in crowd was therefore subject to some abuse!

can you please point me to the person whose arse I should be licking so I can become part of your hallowed crowd?

Comment

Oh nuts I forgot I offered an opinion and as I was not part of the in crowd was therefore subject to some abuse!

can you please point me to the person whose arse I should be licking so I can become part of your hallowed crowd?

I bet HAB waves any time now.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You tell em..... Go on tell em!!!!

Errrrr but I would give the arse licking a miss if I were you......... very unhygenic

Comment

I think you will find Word Associations is a different thread......

Other than that - you have lost me
                      It's a pet hate of mine, retarded fuqwits using "could of" instead of "could've".

Comment

Working...
                      X