• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockmuppets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Ok, there are some clever people on here.

Can someone work out a test that can verify if someone is a sockpuppet or not?

Like in bladerunner.

I guess some people would have registered the sockpuppet with a throw away email account. Perhaps we could request that all members re-verify their accounts?
    Will you be paying the invoice?
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

No, I just think it is time that the administrator put a stop to it by identifying multiple id's. It's become like a kindergarten here.
      Agreed. It's slowly but surely killing the spirit of CUK, and there are some vindicative, malicious posters who want this to happen.

For them, it's a childish game, and they get off on it. (And probably wipe it on the curtains afterwards)

We can either pander to them, and watch CUK decline past the point of caring (goodbye advertising revenue !), or the mods can do something about it.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Agreed. It's slowly but surely killing the spirit of CUK, and there are some vindicative, malicious posters who want this to happen.

For them, it's a childish game, and they get off on it. (And probably wipe it on the curtains afterwards)

We can either pander to them, and watch CUK decline past the point of caring (goodbye advertising revenue !), or the mods can do something about it.
        Well, to me that is the post of the day. Doubtless you are about to come in for some abuse though, which will merely confirm how right you are.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Well, to me that is the post of the day. Doubtless you are about to come in for some abuse though, which will merely confirm how right you are.
          But should we really take it that seriously? BGG has a point, but it's only an Internet forum, after all.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Yes they are a pita but how difficult is it to just ignore them?

Most of stupid sockers only do it for the amusement value of winding people up. Ignore them and they'll wander off eventually, like that weird guy at the pub who thinks everyone should laugh at his jokes.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              ...like that weird guy at the pub who thinks everyone should laugh at his jokes.
              Could someone build a special pub for those people? Our local could donate a couple of patrons.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I'm genuine. Wanna check
                Is that a windsock puppet
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Sockpuppets are a plague on this forum. I certainly don't have any. Oh no sirree! Instead I have the new concept of several people with one ID.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

That would explain how you can simultaneously be both in the pub and annoying the rest of us here at the same time then?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      That would explain how you can simultaneously be both in the pub and annoying the rest of us here at the same time then?
                      I slipped a swift couple of shandies down my throat like ....
                      Why am I annoying you?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X