• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray and that 5 set thriller...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-4 hours is a demand to be sure 3-4 hours play towards 11 O' Clock even more so, I can always manage a better session at the gym mid-day then in the evening.

Just hope he recovers before Wednesday...

Was nailing biting at times. Like Nadal he showed his opponent he'd never give up a game despite being 0-40, fantastic stuff.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Was quite funny. I got home as the first set was finishing. I had a game of squash at 8, so I watched the start of the second set. Went and played squash for an hour and a half, absolutely shattered, got home and they were still playing.

Kinda makes my hour and a half squash game seem like a light warm-up in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
        Kinda makes my hour and a half squash game seem like a light warm-up in comparison
        Good on him, well played and all that... dug deep and didn't give up on anything poor old Stan had to win points 3-4 times cos Murray just ran everything down.

Wouldn't want to decry professional sports men and all that gubbins BUT
        He/They didn't play for 4 hours they were on court for about 4 hours.....
        They sit down for a rest after the first game.....
        and then after every 6(?) games...
        Many of the points are - Serve..... thats it serve....
        Many more points are just a couple of shots....
        Fair enough they did have some "long" rallies - of about 20 shots (so thats 10 each)....

"They" produce stats every now and again for various sports - How far they run in a match, how many shots, etc etc...

Tennis doesn't really come out that "well" - I think its a bit above Golf

But he is doing his job without complaint!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          Tennis doesn't really come out that "well" - I think its a bit above Golf
          Well done on winning the "Cretinous Post of the Day" award.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
            Pressure.
            The other guy didn't seem to have that problem. And Murray is not new to playing at this level, he's been to the final of a Grand Slam and played Centre Court quite a few times. Players like Federer would tear him apart playing that low a 1st-serve percentage.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Well done on winning the "Cretinous Post of the Day" award.
              Well done on being as witty and erudite as usual.....

You really ought to try and think just a little before you post..... that way if you disagree you could substantiate your bile with reason.....

Ooooooops silly me! None of the bandits know what reason is....

Comment

Didn't watch it. I personally rank men's tennis right up there with darts, snooker and the Boat Race in the dullness stakes.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  Didn't watch it. I personally rank men's tennis right up there with darts, snooker and the Boat Race in the dullness stakes.
                  I enjoy watching a good bout of boxing, especially the classic fights.
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Well done on being as witty and erudite as usual.....

You really ought to try and think just a little before you post..... that way if you disagree you could substantiate your bile with reason.....

Ooooooops silly me! None of the bandits know what reason is....

This from the chap who thinks "tennis is a little above golf" in the physical stakes

I don't think the silliness of your post required any elucidation whatsoever to anyone who has tried the two sports (if you can call golf a sport).
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tennis looks fairly strenuous to me. Lots of short sprints, combined with putting your whole strength into hitting the ball (they were really hitting the crap out the ball yesterday's match).

Fun though.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X