• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cull all IT Contractors (and PMs) under 35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Politician: "I have umpty gazillion pounds of taxpayers' money to burn. What will you do with it?"

Engineer: "Spend it on inventing new, shiny toys to make everybody happy."

Financier: "Give you 1% and piss the rest against the wall".

What would the politician do?
    Very well put. But what if the politician is already fabulously rich and doesn't need the money?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Very well put. But what if the politician is already fabulously rich and doesn't need the money?
      Me: "I am going to stomp on this puppy's head and give you £10 to keep schtum. OK?"

Poor person: "Police!"

Homeless person: "Hey man, no! I'll take the puppy."

Rich politician: "Hang on, I need to call some friends. How many tenners have you got there?"
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Why are PMs listed as separate to contractors in the thread title?

I know all they do is create project plans and schedule pointless meetings to sit around eating jaffa cakes, but they are still contractors.
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post

Why are PMs listed as separate to contractors in the thread title?

I know all they do is create project plans and schedule pointless meetings to sit around eating jaffa cakes, but they are still contractors.
          Do you bring Jaffa cakes to meetings? I could tolerate a PM who hands out jaffa cakes.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My idea: = CULL ALL BEAN COUNTERS
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Do you bring Jaffa cakes to meetings? I could tolerate a PM who hands out jaffa cakes.
              I'm not a PM. But I do bring Jaffa cakes to meetings.
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
              X