• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was it a good idea for the UK to invest into the Eurofigther program

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
    But what's the reason behind this?!
    What's the reason behind you?
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

But what's the reason behind this?!
      The reason behind it is...

The 'old boy network'.

Long established relationships between procurer and supplier.

The military in the UK have a (very short) list of 'Preferred Suppliers'.

On this list, are firms like RACAL, British Aerospace, Marconi and others.

In the past, these firms were at the leading edge of design and technological innovation. They were outstanding in their field. The very best in the world.

Those days are long gone.

Decades of cost cutting, trimming, and penny pinching left these once proud firms empty husks. Still bearing the name, the logo, and the credentials, but without anyone in them who could actually do the job.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        but without anyone in them who could actually do the job.
        Whoa there boy, just a dag nabd minute!

I would have to disagree there. I have worked in the military aerospace industry for many years and know quite a lot of BAe Systems chaps. Many of them are excellent engineers.
        They are often hamstrung by budgets and time constraints or failure by the MoD to specify the required system in the first place but that does not detract from their capability and often they produce incredible results considering.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          If the French had been up to the job our boys would never have had to leave blighty in the first place.
          I should write this one down

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Whoa there boy, just a dag nabd minute!

I would have to disagree there. I have worked in the military aerospace industry for many years and know quite a lot of BAe Systems chaps. Many of them are excellent engineers.
            They are often hamstrung by budgets and time constraints or failure by the MoD to specify the required system in the first place but that does not detract from their capability and often they produce incredible results considering.
            Yes fair comment. Perhaps I should have said 'not allowed to do the job'.
            BAe does have some excellent brain boxes.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I should write this one down
              I would. You seem to have a terrible memory.
              I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                I would. You seem to have a terrible memory.
                No I don't.
                I just respond to provocation by provocation.

I, along every single soul in France am grateful to the US, British and Australian soldiers who fought with us in WW1 and WW2 and later came to die on our beaches to get rid of the Nazis.

That does not mean I like to be called cheese eating surrender monkey by some of their overweight, decadent descendants who would not be able to drag their beer belly more than 3 mn on an open field under bullets, but speak as if they are great war masters.

Respect calls for respect.

Comment

No I don't.

I, along every single soul in France am grateful to the US, British and Australian soldiers who fought with us in WW1 and WW2 and later came to die on our beaches to get rid of the Nazis.

That does not mean I like to be called cheese eating surrender monkey by some of their overweight, decadent descendants who would not be able to drag their beer belly more than 3 mn on an open field under bullets, but speak as if they are great war masters.

You seem to be mentioning Dunkirk quite a bit though. Non?
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

No I don't.

Here here!

Comment

No I don't.

for - Shirley?

With regards to respect demanding respect, you can f**k right off!

It seems to be your sole intention to wind people up on this forum so imo you get the respect you deserve. Now do one!

Comment

Working...
                      X