• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Astounding Stupidity Continues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMG - 1 family repatriated - cost £1m

Yobs of NI - Street-load repatriated - cost 250 bricks

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      That's not unusual under this HMG !! We have to make a choice over keeping services or stopping immigration.
      I wonder which is better, Irakian, American or Somalian immigration. (Actually now I wonder not )

They are surely not of the same quality

Channel 4 was comparing immigration quality per country in their show dispatches. They came up with a report.
      Can't find it anymore
      That's a shame cause it was raising a lot of interesting points.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Yobs of NI - Street-load repatriated - cost 250 bricks

They will just move to the nearest UK City which is, ehmmm, where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          When the message is a made up load of old bollocks, yes.
          The point was more the staggering incompetence of UK government, so save your knee-jerk reactions for the next dinner party.

Nothing personal, same goes for Mitch too.
          It's a hi-caffeine day.

& lol for EO...
          Last edited by ace00; 24 June 2009, 11:57. Reason: shut it
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            The point was more the staggering incompetence of UK government, so save your knee-jerk reactions for the next dinner party.

Nothing personal, same goes for Mitch too.
            It's a hi-caffeine day.

& lol for EO...
            I was talking about Alf Ws taxi driver - thought you were too. I have no quarrel with your op or anyone who says HMG (esp civil service) are crap. Apologies for the confusion - for the record I think that cabbie's tale was (at least partial) nonesense.
            Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 24 June 2009, 17:25. Reason: Missing no

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
              I wonder which is better, Irakian, American or Somalian immigration. (Actually now I wonder not )

They are surely not of the same quality

Channel 4 was comparing immigration quality per country in their show dispatches. They came up with a report.
              Can't find it anymore
              That's a shame cause it was raising a lot of interesting points.

It says enough that 7 out of 10 of prisoners in our gaols are foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                A £1million Government scheme to help failed asylum seekers return home resulted in just one family leaving the UK.

A scathing report from the Children's Society says the scheme, which ran for less than a year, failed because government officials did not seem to know what it was for or how to run it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...turn-home.html

Is it even news?
                It would be almost worth finding a failed asylum seeker and splitting the pot 50:50 with them. What would the implications be on my tax position??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  It says enough that 7 out of 10 of prisoners in our gaols are foreigners.
                  I agree - lets have British jails for British criminals
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Strip citizenship off anyone in jail, and that way it could be 10/10 of the prison population is foreign.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If a prisoner is foreign, pay the country of origin to host our "guest".

Save money and make space for proper British criminals, who are the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X