• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awww hankies out for the great leader!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww hankies out for the great leader!

This is on Sky News

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...00906315312949

Brown: 'I Could Walk Away At Any Moment'

Gordon Brown has insisted he is not interested in the trappings of power and could walk away from Downing Street at any moment.
    My @rse - he schemed for the top job for 10 years

The Prime Minister, who faced down an attempted coup earlier this month, also indicated his "hurt" at some of the criticism levelled at him.
    Awww bless - the poor little lamb.

In an unusually frank interview with The Guardian, he admitted he wished he was a better communicator and claimed he was not very good at political manoeuvring.
    I;d settle for a better PM - well a different one!

Speaking in the immediate aftermath of the failed backbench plot to oust him, Mr Brown said: "To be honest, you could walk away from all of this tomorrow.
    As nobody voted for him who is stopping him?

"I'm not interested in what accompanies being in power. It wouldn't worry me if I never returned to any of those places - Downing Street, Chequers.
    If that is the case then why is Blair not still the PM?

"That would not worry me at all. And it would probably be good for my children."
    Go on then go! Do it for your kids

He hinted that he might be drawn towards teaching - a "great profession" - as a post Downing Street career and insisted he had never been keen on political machinations.
    I'd prefer it if he was a teacher also - then he can only piss off 30 or so people at a time!

He said that it had been a "revelation" to him at university that politics was "less about ideals and more about manoeuvres", adding: "I don't actually think I am very good at it at all."
    My @rse - to get where he is he has had to do his fair share of back stabbing and pole greasing. Unless by it he means being the PM - then I'd agree 100%

His comments follow the smeargate controversy in which Damian McBride, one of his closest aides, was forced to resign for suggesting spreading unfounded claims about Tory MPs.

Mr Brown was also criticised for the culture of "macho politics" in Number 10 by resigning minister Jane Kennedy earlier this month.

But he said: "Look, find weaknesses in me, criticise me for my weaknesses - I'm not as great a presenter of information or communicator as I would like to be.

"But the one thing people should not say is that I'm surrounded by some group of conspirators."

He distanced himself from Mr McBride, claiming he had never been aware of his reputation for sending abusive text messages to journalists.
    Yes he was - he hired him for that reason.

What a 100% ******
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

The Labour party need the equivalent of the "men in grey suits" ; maybe the Tories could lend them some bodies?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

This is the world's smallest violin playing for Gordon and its virtual and invisible.

Comment

He's not vile like Blair, but there is something wrong with his head. The poor chap inherited nothing but problems after Blair did a runner at the right time. Things will presumably only get worse now.

Comment

He lied over the F1 affair and kicked his office wall in frustration that he had done it, but it never bothered him again after that.

Comment

On a personal level I actually feel a bit sorry for him, he is like an unfit chap trying to climb Everest. He has an obvious issue with insecurity and that manifests into a control issue. He needs a psychiatrist, not an election.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              On a personal level I actually feel a bit sorry for him, he is like an unfit chap trying to climb Everest. He has an obvious issue with insecurity and that manifests into a control issue. He needs a psychiatrist, not an election.

How you can feel sorry for a guy that has ruined everything he touches including pensions, our gold reserves and the economy, beats me.

Comment

True - we need an election and he knows he's going down.

Comment

So f****** pathetic isn't it. Shame to hear he's suffering in "these difficult timea". A complete w*****

Comment

He needs a psychiatrist, not an election.
                    NOOOOOOOOO! He must never be allowed to used insanity as a defense at his trial.

What the heck, forget the trial - top him straight away.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X