• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Nah, well done then cook it again...

It wants not only to be crispy on the outside, but crispy on the inside too...

Not for me.... I don't think I could eat it at all! I'd rather be a veggie!

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    My brother likes it like boot leather

I like mine rare, rather than blue. IF I'm gonna eat it raw then carpachio or tartar are better IMO.
    Carpachio with lots of lemon squeezed over it - yum!! I like my steak blue so when it bleeds I can dip my chips in it!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Carpachio with lots of lemon squeezed over it - yum!! I like my steak blue so when it bleeds I can dip my chips in it!
      A good steak shouldn't bleed!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

It shouldn't start bleeding till it's getting to Medium Rare. Pink and bloody all the way through is good though.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Its not blood, its myoglobin

There is NO blood in the meat that you buy, blood left in meat would cause it to quickly spoil- in a matter of days. The animal is completely bled as it is slaughtered. The thin reddish juice which leaks from cut red meat is a tissue fluid rich in myoglobin, an iron-containing muscle component which gives the meat its red colour. It has no connection with blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoglobin

Comment

Gosh, a genuinely interesting post!

I don't have a problem with the idea of raw meat, but I wonder if eating straight from the animal it wouldn't be a bit chewy?

Where do people stand on drinking blood?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Gosh, a genuinely interesting post!

I don't have a problem with the idea of raw meat, but I wonder if eating straight from the animal it wouldn't be a bit chewy?

Where do people stand on drinking blood?
              WHS -

Not sure I'd want to drink blood - especially now that I know the tasty stuff to dip my chips in isn't actually blood!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

No way I'd drink blood, also hate blood puding etc!!
                But I do like liver and pate

Comment

There are tribes in Africa who bleed their cattle for food. The animals are far too valuable to slaughter and eat.

Black pudding? Love it!
                  (Turns yer sh!t black eating too much though...)

Comment

Working...
                  X