• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lions vs South Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    On the other hand

"The meaningless ban handed down to Shaw, along with the fact that at least two other Lions players should have been cited for foul play in the third Test, will add further weight to the argument that South African players are being unfairly treated at judicial hearings."
    No mate, you have the last whinge, I insist!

Comment

Personally I think it has been a fantastic Test series and very, very close. SA should have put the Lions away in the first Test and couldn't. The Lions fell just short in the second because SA had the stronger 22. I doubt you'll find anyone serious about SA rugby who will tell you they weren't desperate for the 3-0 whitewash (no-one I've spoken to anyway).

Violence? Well Burgur should have been red-carded in the second test and the Lions would have then won it but it would have spoilt the whole series in my view so I'm glad in a way that it wasn't acted upon. There have been a few other cowardly incidents such as Botha's charge on Jones which was unnecessary and intended purely to injure the player and Shaw's kneeing was indefensible (and possibly Sheridan's cheeky poke in the goolies). Mostly though, good solid typical fare from SA and the Lions.

So very enjoyable and now it's over we can get back to some quality rivalry with Irish and Welsh rugby fans and a little bit of sympathy for the Scottish ones.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Personally I think it has been a fantastic Test series and very, very close. SA should have put the Lions away in the first Test and couldn't. The Lions fell just short in the second because SA had the stronger 22. I doubt you'll find anyone serious about SA rugby who will tell you they weren't desperate for the 3-0 whitewash (no-one I've spoken to anyway).

Violence? Well Burgur should have been red-carded in the second test and the Lions would have then won it but it would have spoilt the whole series in my view so I'm glad in a way that it wasn't acted upon. There have been a few other cowardly incidents such as Botha's charge on Jones which was unnecessary and intended purely to injure the player and Shaw's kneeing was indefensible (and possibly Sheridan's cheeky poke in the goolies). Mostly though, good solid typical fare from SA and the Lions.

So very enjoyable and now it's over we can get back to some quality rivalry with Irish and Welsh rugby fans and a little bit of sympathy for the Scottish ones.
        Whs with the exception of the Botha on Jones bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

WHS!

Apart from the fact we should've seriously f**king injured some of the SA players!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            WHS!

Apart from the fact we should've seriously f**king injured some of the SA players!
            You're not 'ard enuff.

Comment

Mods.... where is that head shaking smilie??
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

You're not 'ard enuff.
                You're talking out of yer arse!

Our boys went to play rugby, your lot were too busy trying to get a rise out of our lot so you could gain the penalties <--- cos the rest of your play was sh!te!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  You're talking out of yer arse!

Our boys went to play rugby, your lot were too busy trying to get a rise out of our lot so you could gain the penalties <--- cos the rest of your play was sh!te!
                  12 more years, 12 more years...

sing along, you know you want to.

Comment

12 more years, 12 more years...

sing along, you know you want to.
                    Not at all.

Comment

Oh and good luck to the SAffers for the Tri-Nations. Do try not to come last again this year.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X