• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lions vs South Africa"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Oh and good luck to the SAffers for the Tri-Nations. Do try not to come last again this year.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    12 more years, 12 more years...

sing along, you know you want to.
    Not at all.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You're talking out of yer arse!

Our boys went to play rugby, your lot were too busy trying to get a rise out of our lot so you could gain the penalties <--- cos the rest of your play was sh!te!
    12 more years, 12 more years...

sing along, you know you want to.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    You're not 'ard enuff.
    You're talking out of yer arse!

Our boys went to play rugby, your lot were too busy trying to get a rise out of our lot so you could gain the penalties <--- cos the rest of your play was sh!te!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Mods.... where is that head shaking smilie??

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    WHS!

Apart from the fact we should've seriously f**king injured some of the SA players!
    You're not 'ard enuff.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Personally I think it has been a fantastic Test series and very, very close. SA should have put the Lions away in the first Test and couldn't. The Lions fell just short in the second because SA had the stronger 22. I doubt you'll find anyone serious about SA rugby who will tell you they weren't desperate for the 3-0 whitewash (no-one I've spoken to anyway).

Violence? Well Burgur should have been red-carded in the second test and the Lions would have then won it but it would have spoilt the whole series in my view so I'm glad in a way that it wasn't acted upon. There have been a few other cowardly incidents such as Botha's charge on Jones which was unnecessary and intended purely to injure the player and Shaw's kneeing was indefensible (and possibly Sheridan's cheeky poke in the goolies). Mostly though, good solid typical fare from SA and the Lions.

So very enjoyable and now it's over we can get back to some quality rivalry with Irish and Welsh rugby fans and a little bit of sympathy for the Scottish ones.
    WHS!

Apart from the fact we should've seriously f**king injured some of the SA players!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Personally I think it has been a fantastic Test series and very, very close. SA should have put the Lions away in the first Test and couldn't. The Lions fell just short in the second because SA had the stronger 22. I doubt you'll find anyone serious about SA rugby who will tell you they weren't desperate for the 3-0 whitewash (no-one I've spoken to anyway).

Violence? Well Burgur should have been red-carded in the second test and the Lions would have then won it but it would have spoilt the whole series in my view so I'm glad in a way that it wasn't acted upon. There have been a few other cowardly incidents such as Botha's charge on Jones which was unnecessary and intended purely to injure the player and Shaw's kneeing was indefensible (and possibly Sheridan's cheeky poke in the goolies). Mostly though, good solid typical fare from SA and the Lions.

So very enjoyable and now it's over we can get back to some quality rivalry with Irish and Welsh rugby fans and a little bit of sympathy for the Scottish ones.
    Whs with the exception of the Botha on Jones bit.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    On the other hand

"The meaningless ban handed down to Shaw, along with the fact that at least two other Lions players should have been cited for foul play in the third Test, will add further weight to the argument that South African players are being unfairly treated at judicial hearings."
    No mate, you have the last whinge, I insist!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

It was a good match but the SA boys were pretty dirty.
    On the other hand

"The meaningless ban handed down to Shaw, along with the fact that at least two other Lions players should have been cited for foul play in the third Test, will add further weight to the argument that South African players are being unfairly treated at judicial hearings."

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Oi - enough of the handbags!!

It was a good match but the SA boys were pretty dirty. Some hot ones though.... yum!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Who's whining and moaning?
    Go look in a mirror you muppet.

On Saturday you were outclassed
    I agree we were outplayed. If winnning a dead rubber when you have already lost the series is something the losing Lions and its supporters need to cling to then so be it.

and the other "Glorious Victories" that you keep mentioning weren't that at all.
    Yes, you're right. Winning the world cup was minor.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yes they do. The pussycats broke a 7 match losing streak in a dead rubber. The whining and moaning from the losers remains constant though
    Who's whining and moaning? On Saturday you were outclassed and the other "Glorious Victories" that you keep mentioning weren't that at all.
    Last edited by Churchill; 6 July 2009, 09:15.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Home advantage and you can only win by foul means.
    Well bugger me, the 2007 world cup was in Jhb and I completely missed it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X