• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you do that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I get that, but equally it's a bit of a side issue. Personally I'd be pissed off at him, and possibly baying for his blood - but more importantly I'd be worrying about myself first and being in a job ...
    Yes I would probably take the hit (if it upped my chances of keeping the job) and start looking elsewhere. But the culture of paying all CEOs stupid amounts regardless of performance isn't helping anyone (except them)

Comment

I would ONLY if Decision makers(including this chap) would do more than a normal worker i.e. if he would sacrifice his 6 months pay, that wouldnt make a difference to him.

If shareholders would also raise some capital. Because at the end of the day, its their mess and their equity. An average employee never gets hefty bonuses and dividends. Why they are expected to do sacrifice at first place.

Comment

or just cut down ticket prices! BA still more expensive than most other airlines, if other airlines cut the prices, why should I go with BA

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
          or just cut down ticket prices! BA still more expensive than most other airlines, if other airlines cut the prices, why should I go with BA
          Dunno if I agree with that at all, they're very competitive these days - I fly them more often than not. Especially with kids, add up all the no thrills extra and there's hardly any difference normally.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Dunno if I agree with that at all, they're very competitive these days - I fly them more often than not. Especially with kids, add up all the no thrills extra and there's hardly any difference normally.
            Am flying BA this weekend. Very competitive and as there are plenty of golf bags, buggies etc in our group that BA don't charge extra for it's almost a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post

I agree. I flew to Brazil in November with Iberia. I would have preferred to fly BA but they were much more expensive, and things will only get worse as our beloved HMG are adding approx 150 quid in taxes on long-haul and approx 40 quid on short-haul flights. This will encourage even more people to avoid British airlines. Labour have a lot to answer for !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                I agree. I flew to Brazil in November with Iberia. I would have preferred to fly BA but they were much more expensive, and things will only get worse as our beloved HMG are adding approx 150 quid in taxes on long-haul and approx 40 quid on short-haul flights. This will encourage even more people to avoid British airlines. Labour have a lot to answer for !!
                Wanna clarify that?

You pay departure tax at the airport, irrespective of the airline you fly.

What a moron.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

He's doing it for a month.

And not being funny, but CEO's are expected to earn big bucks. Not sure him taking nothing for a year would make a difference ...

I'm sure there are many people who're now out of work, who given that chance and the possibility of their company being solvent and in a job wuold take it.
                  People who are made redundant are given redundancy pay and help via benefits and allowances.

Many people live on a monthly basis (£000 day 1 > £0 day 30 /£000 day 1 > £0 day 30 ...)

This could cause real hardship for some families who don't have savings or a warchest to see them through the lean times...

(...and while I have some sympathy for this sentiment when I see people with new cars taking big holidays, many families at the bottom of the ladder just don't have the money coming in to save any at the end of the month.)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    People who are made redundant are given redundancy pay and help via benefits and allowances.

Many people live on a monthly basis (£000 day 1 > £0 day 30 /£000 day 1 > £0 day 30 ...)

This could cause real hardship for some families who don't have savings or a warchest to see them through the lean times...

(...and while I have some sympathy for this sentiment when I see people with new cars taking big holidays, many families at the bottom of the ladder just don't have the money coming in to save any at the end of the month.)
                    WSS

I think that, frankly, it's a bit rich of BA to be suggesting it.

If Willie Walsh and the entire board of directors were to take a £1 annual salary for a whole year - then there might be a case to be made for this but for Joe Bloggs the check-in-chap to accept a month without being paid? GTF.

Comment

Wanna clarify that?

You pay departure tax at the airport, irrespective of the airline you fly.

What a moron.

You're the moron, snaw.

People will avoid the 150 quid by flying short-haul to a European destination.. eg: Madrid, then long-haul eg: from Madrid to Brazil thus saving 150-40 = 110 quid !! Thus, lost business to BA as they will be 110 quid less competitive per long-haul flight. HMG simply have not thought this through, but that's not really a surprise is it !!

Comment

Working...
                      X