• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you do that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    You're the moron, snaw.

People will avoid the 150 quid by flying short-haul to a European destination.. eg: Madrid, then long-haul eg: from Madrid to Brazil thus saving 150-40 = 110 quid !! Thus, lost business to BA as they will be 110 quid less competitive per long-haul flight. HMG simply have not thought this through, but that's not really a surprise is it !!
    Then say that in the original post, rather than writing yet another piece of garbage.

Christ you're dumb.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Then say that in the original post, rather than writing yet another piece of garbage.

Christ you're dumb.

I only needed to add the detail because you are thick and resort to insults because your brain is deficient. Most people would be aware of these impending taxes from the last budget which were well reported with their disadvantages in the press. :smug

Comment

I used to work for BA as a permie. They first offered the unpaid leave scheme after 9/11. I took 3 months unpaid leave then and bummed around far east for two months - which didn't cost much because they gave me a pair of free tickets. But i didn't have kids or a mortgage then. However, asking people to come to work and not get paid is taking the pi$$. BA dont pay that great anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sal626 View Post
          I used to work for BA as a permie. They first offered the unpaid leave scheme after 9/11. I took 3 months unpaid leave then and bummed around far east for two months - which didn't cost much because they gave me a pair of free tickets. But i didn't have kids or a mortgage then. However, asking people to come to work and not get paid is taking the pi$$. BA dont pay that great anyway.

So did I between 1979 and 1982. I got bored with little work before privatisation as they were grossly overstaffed, but the money was not bad and of course cheap flights are a huge bonus. If you joined any of the social clubs as I did with chess ( went to Bangkok), tennis (went to Copenhagen) you were entitled to one free flight a year per club.

My neighbour is a BA engineer and I have not seen his car for about a month so I guess he may have taken the unpaid option and gone away with his family for a while. Good luck to him !!

Comment

I only needed to add the detail because you are thick and resort to insults because your brain is deficient. Most people would be aware of these impending taxes from the last budget which were well reported with their disadvantages in the press. :smug
            Here's your original post:

I agree. I flew to Brazil in November with Iberia. I would have preferred to fly BA but they were much more expensive, and things will only get worse as our beloved HMG are adding approx 150 quid in taxes on long-haul and approx 40 quid on short-haul flights. This will encourage even more people to avoid British airlines. Labour have a lot to answer for !!
            Read it again ...

It's like having a debate with a plum pudding.

Thing is CB, I've called many things here, but dumb isn't one of them. For you on the other hand it's a daily statement of fact, made by numerous people, backed up by documentary evidence.

You're monumentally retarded. You make Jade Goody look like Stephen Fry. In fact that's insulting to Jade. Even the people who share your political persuasion are ashamed of you.

Can't you get a hint - stick to drooling over plane crashes and wanking off at the idea of someone losing their job/home and pls just fck off and stop bothering us.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Here's your original post:

Read it again ...

It's like having a debate with a plum pudding.

Thing is CB, I've called many things here, but dumb isn't one of them. For you on the other hand it's a daily statement of fact, made by numerous people, backed up by documentary evidence.

You're monumentally retarded. You make Jade Goody look like Stephen Fry. In fact that's insulting to Jade. Even the people who share your political persuasion are ashamed of you.

Can't you get a hint - stick to drooling over plane crashes and winking off at the idea of someone losing their job/home and pls just fck off and stop bothering us.

I've no wish to debate with some idiot whose first response is to call somebody a moron. It just confirms the sheer ignorance of that person who cannot accept other people's well-informed opinions. It shows a lack of self-esteem on your part.

Comment

I've no wish to debate with some idiot whose first response is to call somebody a moron. It just confirms the sheer ignorance of that person who cannot accept other people's well-informed opinions. It shows a lack of self-esteem on your part.
                You've never displayed any evidence of having one of those.

No, it's just shows you're an idiot. Again. Repeatedly.

Comment

You've never displayed any evidence of having one of those.

No, it's just shows you're an idiot. Again. Repeatedly.
                  Of course he's an idiot, that's why so many people have him on their ignore lists.

Comment

Oh look, another nasty, vile thread in which people attack other people's opinions.

Seems par for the course these days on CUK.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                      Oh look, another nasty, vile thread in which people attack other people's opinions.

Seems par for the course these days on CUK.

It's not opinion though. It is fact that these people do not like because facts prove them wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X