• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shares - I am going in!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Why are we supposed to care about you investing £50k in two traditional long term investment shares?
    It will give us something to laugh at when BT goes broke and oil prices fall flat and BP shares follow suit.

Why people stick money on one or two shares is beyond me. Spread the risk, don't take silly punts.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      Shares to watch

BP and BT

I am going in!

Time to remain in these : 6-18 months

£25k each -

Keep an eye guys! These will get back some good money over that time period
      Bad manners to talk about size, old chap.

Just say bought BT @ 102, BP @ 503 etc.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Bad manners to talk about size, old chap.

Just say bought BT @ 102, BP @ 503 etc.
        spot on

Comment

Stay out of shares. Property has outperformed them over the past 15 years and will continue to do so.... and nobody can nick your house !!

Comment

BT will be broken in two and have corresponding shares split. Profits for you doubtful.

The demand forecast for oil over the period you mention is steady, production prices are increasing, and profits will be down, not to mention the bad name oil has these days thanks to the environmentalists, bit oil finds a bit thin on the ground these days etc. Profits for you doubtful.

Tieing up money for that period of time in shares is nothing to shout about IMV, especially the two you mention, not smart at all.....

PZZ

Comment

Hmmm, get a nice juicy income from those shares though.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Ohhh the venom from some of you underperforming minions - oooh just so contractor like.

I am only sharing the love!

I did the same when Barclays dropped to 55p and I beleive the same old people said the same old stuff - whilst I gave my heartfelt advice....but then I hate to say told you so.

If sharing good information which may help others was a crime - Id be guilty

Tyke - You have to be the total and complete role model for a Contractor and thats why I love you; even though you may be poor - but wealth isnt important right - so I love you even more!

What is the point of not mentioning how much? See this is where you show how typical and institutionalised you have become even as contractors. If I see someone posting about shares - I want to see how much and when - not because its about "Hey look Ive got a big wad" but its about how much is he putting up and thus how confident is that person. However - I can understand why you may say this - as many of you probably arent into trading as such - so fair play.

DimPrawn - how much do you know about shares and whats your success? Lets leave it at that It's not for everyone this investing lark - but for the few that do follow it - it can make you [and break you I guess]. So I can understand that not taking risks is something for the weaker person - so fair play to you

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  BT will be broken in two and have corresponding shares split. Profits for you doubtful.

The demand forecast for oil over the period you mention is steady, production prices are increasing, and profits will be down, not to mention the bad name oil has these days thanks to the environmentalists, bit oil finds a bit thin on the ground these days etc. Profits for you doubtful.

Tieing up money for that period of time in shares is nothing to shout about IMV, especially the two you mention, not smart at all.....

PZZ
                  Let's see hey.

Demand forcast? Have you really used that argument?. 5 months before the begining of the global meltdown [read LB et all collapsing] what was the demand forcast for Oil and what prices were being punted for the next 12 and 24 months? Hmm was it 200USD 300USD or even higher?

Not trying to be funny - but if you are using demand forcast as a reason why they will not perform then maybe you need to review your approach. More over - as we pull out of the bottom of the economy [and this is across the globe] demand will be interlinked.

But again - lets see.

on 50k I look for at LEAST 15% back within my maximum allotted investment period.

BTGS - It is well known that BT have tried to sell BTGS and this is common sense so nothing new there. However - if they DO sell them - the underlying liability for BT as a group reduces EVEN when you take into account the writeoffs. So I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

I did the same when Barclays dropped to 55p and I beleive the same old people said the same old stuff - whilst I gave my heartfelt advice....but then I hate to say told you so.
                    I don't recall you being the first one to post the Barclays tip I remember it being someone else, I'd be happy to see proof that you were, I made a few bob on that.

Tyke - You have to be the total and complete role model for a Contractor and thats why I love you; even though you may be poor - but wealth isnt important right - so I love you even more!
                    You can't possibly know how much I earn or have stockpiled in cash and assets, stop behaving like an Essex plaster with a wad complex, it's undignified.

What is the point of not mentioning how much? See this is where you show how typical and institutionalised you have become even as contractors. If I see someone posting about shares - I want to see how much and when - not because its about "Hey look Ive got a big wad" but its about how much is he putting up and thus how confident is that person. However - I can understand why you may say this - as many of you probably arent into trading as such - so fair play.
                    The way you wrote it comes over exactly as "look how much cash I have", a far more suitable post would have said you're investing heavily rather than slapping £50k on the table yelling about your fat wad.

DimPrawn - how much do you know about shares and whats your success? Lets leave it at that It's not for everyone this investing lark - but for the few that do follow it - it can make you [and break you I guess]. So I can understand that not taking risks is something for the weaker person - so fair play to you
                    I recall Dim mentioning a few times that he has six figure sums invested, but it's never come across (to me at least) as boasting, I suspect he doesn't feel the need to try and act superior.

In short your post and the follow up that this is a response to appear to me to be in bad taste and thoroughly obnoxious.
                    Last edited by TykeMerc; 16 June 2009, 18:00.

Comment

Let's see hey.

Demand forcast? Have you really used that argument?. 5 months before the begining of the global meltdown [read LB et all collapsing] what was the demand forcast for Oil and what prices were being punted for the next 12 and 24 months? Hmm was it 200USD 300USD or even higher?

Not trying to be funny - but if you are using demand forcast as a reason why they will not perform then maybe you need to review your approach. More over - as we pull out of the bottom of the economy [and this is across the globe] demand will be interlinked.

But again - lets see.

on 50k I look for at LEAST 15% back within my maximum allotted investment period.

BTGS - It is well known that BT have tried to sell BTGS and this is common sense so nothing new there. However - if they DO sell them - the underlying liability for BT as a group reduces EVEN when you take into account the writeoffs. So I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

I would say that Id put money on it, but you wont have any soon so no point.

BTW- I did not mention BT selling BTGS as everyone knows they are not worth anything. They will be spun off as a separate entity and BT's stock will be diluted as a result.

Why would anyone need oil anytime soon- we are in a world wide recession and will be for the next 24 months at least. What would this oil be used for exactly??

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                      X