• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuller's or Young's?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pint of Pride any day!

PZZ

Comment

I like my beer hoppy and bitter, so Young's for me, especially Young's Special, even at the cost of the less atractive pub. Best pint of beer I ever had was in a pub on Clapham Common, greatest ever pint of Young's, but no atmosphere: 1970's roughcast exterior, 1970's interior, bright fluorescent lights, and always jammed. But my best ever pint, every time.

Comment

All rather parochial.

There are so many great beers in the UK from smaller brewers.

Try some beers from Wychwood brewery in Witney or Shepard Neame in Faversham. Makes the generic Fullers/Youngs London ales seem a bit characterless.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          All rather parochial.

There are so many great beers in the UK from smaller brewers.

Try some beers from Wychwood brewery in Witney or Shepard Neame in Faversham. Makes the generic Fullers/Youngs London ales seem a bit characterless.
          Youngs Ordinary is just that - an ordinary pint of bitter. Special is a bit too strong for a long sesh, but lovely in a pint of mixed (half ordinary, half special). The other seasonal beers are good too - Honey beer in the summer is very refreshing & you can't beat a pint of Winter Warmer as you tuck into your lamb shank by the a roaring winter fire.

Just because the brewery is big, it doesn't mean they only produce rubbish.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Just because the brewery is big, it doesn't mean they only produce rubbish.
            No, not at all. It's just that we are spoiled for choice really. I like to try as many beers as possible.

There is a micro brewery pub near me and the stuff is hugely popular, but is in my humble opinion, dogs piss. So small doesn't mean good, either.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I thought Viz had just made this lot up until now - RATs
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                I thought Viz had just made this lot up until now - RATs
                Ha! That's us

Comment

Hey, I think I've been in that pub.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                  X