• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When your number is up it is up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Looks like the NWO/Bilderburgers/Common Purpose finaly got her.
    I don't think my lot were involved in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Nope.

Make a plan, so if you're able you can get out. If you're not able, accept your mortality...
      Parachute and claw hammer?
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

The odds against that are astonishingly improbable.

EDIT: Unless there's a massive conspiracy theory and NWO (etc) are going after everyone who was on the flight or supposed to be.

Comment

Maybe she was the real target of the airplane crash - or maybe the husband was - having survived both, I would say if he has a further "accident" that confirms my conspiracy theory. What will be next? Chicken bone stuck in his throat?
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I dont believe in your time being up at all - it's probably more likely to be psychological effects.

For example, if you are being followed by a police car, you're more likely to do something stupid.

If you are being watched while typing, you're more likely to make a mistake.

If you've just dodged death in quite a spectacular way, I reckon you'd be very superstitious and be "looking" for death. You'd be on edge, and it'd probably be more likely that you'd be in an accident. Do yous not think?

AP's example is very wierd though - the odds of that are quite extrodinary!!
            Plus it's easy to believe an event is extraordinary after the event. I could roll a die 10 times and get : 2,2,4,2,6,5,2,1,3,1 (or any other sequence) and say that the odds of that happening are millions to 1.

One thing that definitely can't be explained by any rational means though are T-junctions. Where you would prefer not to slow down too much or use a gear lower than 2nd to negotiate it, a car will be coming in the opposite direction at the exact wrong time and another car will not come down that road for about a month. Okay, I exaggerate a little, but it is infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Plus it's easy to believe an event is extraordinary after the event. I could roll a die 10 times and get : 2,2,4,2,6,5,2,1,3,1 (or any other sequence) and say that the odds of that happening are millions to 1.
              As the odds were so great, it was an extraordinary event; it's just that extraordinary - or at least highly unlikely - events happen all the time.

Next time you're on the motorway, pick out another (UK-registered) vehicle at random. As there are about 35 million vehicles registered in the UK, the chance of you seeing that particular one is twice as unlikely as you winning the National Lottery jackpot - must be your lucky day!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Speaking of planes and doom, does anyone else here find that as they et older you become more terrified on flying?

Everything week now I get on those flying machinea I hold my breath at take off and landing...
                I know what you mean I keep think of that line from Fight Club "On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero"

I was flying to Aberdeen on a prop engined plane for a month earlier this year and the sight of two 20ft steel mincers rotating at 20,000rpm 10 inches from my head didn't exactly allay my fears.
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  The odds against that are astonishingly improbable.

EDIT: Unless there's a massive conspiracy theory and NWO (etc) are going after everyone who was on the flight or supposed to be.
                  There's a good spy thriller in that plot, just waiting to be written.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6479203.ece

Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash

An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.

It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.
                    Sorry, but that is a fallacy. Confusing Cause and Effect is quite a common fallacy.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      Sorry, but that is a fallacy. Confusing Cause and Effect is quite a common fallacy.
                      Which bit do you mean? I would have thought that

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      ...Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck
                      was a pretty clear demonstration of cause and effect

Comment

Working...
                      X