• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here has seen real war action?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Waggledagger
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
    Fact of the day: St Crispin's day no longer happens. It was deleted from the calendar by the reforms of the Second Vatican Council in the 60s, because of insufficient evidence that St Crispin actually existed.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Fact of the day: St Crispin's day no longer happens. It was deleted from the calendar by the reforms of the Second Vatican Council in the 60s, because of insufficient evidence that St Crispin actually existed.
      Sorry - Are you saying that the Vatican Council cancelled some "religical thingy" due to insufficient evidence...... call me picky but!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I know a few of you are always banging on about this:

We all know Churchill has had his rum, sodomy and lash
        Corporal ShaunBhoy peeled potatoes at the rear
        Menelaus always bangs on about being dressed in green, like some gay forest ranger.
        Incognito behaves like a 3rd rate Bond.

It all sounds like that Apprentice twunt with his "scholarship to Sandhurst".

But who here has been under fire from the enemy, seen the blood and guts, had his mates killed?
        Why do you want to know? Do you need a new role model to wank over each night?

Stick to the Andy McNab novels.

There is no glory in war.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Mais oui; arguing over religion = fighting to see who has the best imaginary friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Why do you want to know? Do you need a new role model to wink over each night?

Stick to the Andy McNab novels.

There is no glory in war.
            WHS+1^1000000

Comment

Ladies and Gents Mr Edwin Starr
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Sas - I think you might have gone a bit OTT here....

I know when my Dad came back from (former) Yougoslavia, he was well fliped up. Took him years to accept what he had seen.

Maybe put your sensitive hat on for this thread eh?
                My brother had the same issue after Serbia thing.

Though it did not affect him as much as the regiment initiation ceremony....

Comment

A few years ago I played a lot of DOOM on my PC. Must admit it took me a while to get back to normal. DOOM II was particularly gory.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I used to ask my Grandad about it (he was in North Africa & Italy before he got shot) .

He wasn't that forthcoming, other than to tell me never to join the army.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Go to the Uncover Reality website and you can see the reality of war uncensored... Watch that war gore for a couple of weeks and you might get a bit of a taste of whether you are a wuss or pretty tough mentally.

HTH
                      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                      X