• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting paid to do nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I do is do nothing.....right up until the last minute. This way I put myself under some sort of pressure otherwise I'd have absolutely no interest in what I do at all. What I've also found is the higher the rate, the less work that's actually expected.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      ........ What I've also found is the higher the rate, the less work that's actually expected.
      The art of management..........

Got the top 3!
      Bored.

Comment

What I've also found is the higher the rate, the less work that's actually expected.
        Oh how I wish that was true - I'm a PM and I've found that the higher the rate the more projects I'm given to run all at the same time!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
          Here I sit, one month into a three month contract getting paid to do nothing. PM is too busy to give me any work and I have given up asking. Anyone got any ideas to make time go faster? Anyone else working for large corporations surrounded by hundreds of busy people thinking there must be more to life than this?
          Just to amuse you..

Lunch Time Reading

Comment

What I've also found is the higher the rate, the less work that's actually expected.
            WHS. It's more about what I know, rather than what I do.

When I've nowt to do, I go home. If anyone complains, I just ask them what they are waiting on me to deliver. They soon go away mumbling to themselves...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Getting paid to do nothing is much better than not getting paid to do nothing which is my case from last November. Don't knock it.

Comment

Lots of benched contractors would rather get paid to do nothing than
                not paid to do nothing. Stop complaining and get down to do nothing.

Comment

Could be worse - I'm doing lots and not getting paid for it
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I have served my time on the bench and know how it feels - I'm not complaining, just wondering how common the phenomenon is. In any case I may have spoken too soon - today I had to go to a meeting for one hour and tomorrow there is another one - things are picking up

Comment

Working...
                    X