• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Treated like a permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    I understand your point, it's just with the market as it is, the luxury of walking away seems to have eroded somewhat. Guess I'll just grimace and bear it - and line up another contract in the background.
    That's what I'm doing.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      That's what I'm doing.
      Yeah, no point cutting off your nose (income) to spite your face right? At least if anything it reminds me of why I became a contractor in the first place
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

If you are working on-site is it not reasonable to fit in with the team? How can the team be effective if someone is continually trying to play the outsider?

OK so you have to do some tulipe things like 360 degree reviews and personality tests - on the other hand if they are paying you to do those things then so what - you might learn something about how to do these things for yourself if you ever get to run your own company one day?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          If you are working on-site is it not reasonable to fit in with the team? How can the team be effective if someone is continually trying to play the outsider?

OK so you have to do some tulipe things like 360 degree reviews and personality tests - on the other hand if they are paying you to do those things then so what - you might learn something about how to do these things for yourself if you ever get to run your own company one day?
          You are a permie manager who loves all this crap and I claim my free aptitude test.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            You are a permie manager who loves all this crap and I claim my free aptitude test.
            not!
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

-5 points on the troll attempt. The fact I run my own company makes me realise the futility of these processes, it is actually possible to have a non-draconian work environment without pointless processes and still make money.

Most design agencies have gotten it right with regard to working environment and policies I would say.
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

If you want another member of a permie team to do permie things, hire another permie team member.

HTH

Comment

Love it when all these deluded, tax-dodging, disguised-employee,quasi-permie twunts get on their high horse and claim to be running "my own bizness, innit" when in reality the dumbest Apprentice candidate would run rings around them.

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If you want another member of a permie team to do permie things, hire another permie team member.

HTH
                    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Love it when all these deluded, tax-dodging, disguised-employee,quasi-permie twunts get on their high horse and claim to be running "my own bizness, innit" when in reality the dumbest Apprentice candidate would run rings around them.

Are you two connected by an elastic band?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

If I could punch my way out of this soggy paper bag I'd ask you to retract that!

Comment

Working...
                      X